Safety & Warnings
|Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order. If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.|
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain for reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance is designed for consumer use: follow directions and use only as described.
- Do not use with an extension cord unless necessary, and if so, ensure it is suitably rated and it is handled safely as is the product's own power cord:
- Do not allow the power cord to be exposed to water, heat, direct sunlight or overhang where it can be pulled or otherwise be damaged or pose a hazard. Unplug prior to cleaning. Do not run it under furniture or carpeting or other coverings.
- Turn the power off during storms.
Install on a flat, sturdy surface only and allow room for ventilation.
- Do not operate the unit if it has been dropped.
- This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. If it suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support after consulting the Troubleshooting section of this manual.
Warning - Keep Batteries Out Of Reach Of Children
- Swallowing batteries may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for fast, expert advice.
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if the compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
- Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.
Your installation location should meet the following requirements:
- Make sure that you install your unit on an even surface to minimise noise and vibration.
- The unit must be installed near a grounded plug, and the Collection Tray Drain (found on the back of the unit) must be accessible.
- The unit should be located at least 30cm from the nearest wall to ensure proper air conditioning.
- DO NOT cover the Intakes, Outlets or Remote Signal Receptor of the unit, as this could cause damage to the unit.
NOTE: The above illustration is for reference only and may differ from the product you receive.
- Medium Philips screwdriver
- Tape measure or ruler
- Knife or scissors
- Optional: Saw, to shorted window adaptor for narrow windows (Window Installation Kit suits windows 67.5-123cm)
Installation, service, maintenance and repair of this unit must be performed by a certified technician.
Window Bracket Exhaust Hose Assembly
|(Window slider adaptor & Exhaust hose & Unit adaptor)|
Window Kit Assembly
1. Press exhaust hose into window slider adaptor and unit adaptor.
2. Install exhaust hose assembly to the unit
3. Adjust window slider to required size according to your window.
Window Kit Installation
Attach the window kit to the window stool. Adjust the length of the window slider kit according to the width of the window. Open the window and place the window slider kit on the window stool.
Close the window securely against the window kit. Vertically-sliding windows (pictured) and horizontally- sliding windows will function similarly.
Swing: Initiate the auto swing feature. Press again to halt at a current angle.
Timer: Used to initiate the AUTO ON start time and AUTO OFF stop time program, in conjunction with the + & - buttons. The timer on/off indicator light illuminates under the timer on/off settings.
Mode: Selects the appropriate operating mode. Each time you press the button, a mode is selected in a sequence that goes from AUTO, COOL, DRY, FAN and HEAT (cooling only models without). The mode indicator light illuminates under the different mode settings.
Up (+) and Down (-): Adjust temperate or time settings.
Fan: Set fan speed to LOW, MID, HIGH or AUTO. The fan speed indicator light illuminates under different fan settings except for AUTO speed, where no indicators are illuminated.
Sleep (Eco): Initiate sleep / eco option.
Power: Turn aircon on or off.
LED: Displays temperature and timer settings. On DRY and FAN models shows room temperature. Displays error codes (see Troubleshooting).
- Press MODE until the "COOL" indicator light comes on.
- Press Up (+) and Down (-) to select desired room temperature (17°C~30°C).
- Press FAN SPEED button to choose the fan speed on HEAT mode.
- Press the "MODE" button until the "HEAT" indicator light comes on.
- Press the ADJUST buttons "+" or " - " to select your desired room temperature. The temperature can be set within a range of 17°C~30°C/62°F~88°F (or 86°F).
- Press the "FAN SPEED" button to choose the fan speed.
- Press the "MODE" button until the "DRY" indicator light comes on.
- Under this mode, you cannot select a fan speed or adjust the temperature. The fan motor operates at LOW speed.
- Keep windows and doors closed for the best dehumidifying effect.
- Do not put the duct to a window.
- When you set the air conditioner in AUTO mode, it will automatically select cooling or fan only operation depending on what temperature you have selected and the room temperature. Under AUTO mode, fan speed cannot be set.
- Press the "MODE" button until the "FAN" indicator light comes on.
- Press the "FAN SPEED" button to choose the fan speed.
- The temperature cannot be adjusted.
- Do not put the duct to a window.
- When the unit is on, press Timer button to initiate the Auto-off stop program: TIMER OFF indicator will illuminate. Press Up (+) or Down (-) to select a time. Press the TIMER button again within 5 seconds to initiate the Auto-on start program: the TIMER ON indicator will illuminate. Press Up (+) or Down (-) to select Auto-on start time.
- When the unit is off, press the Timer button to initiate the Auto-on start program. Press it again within five seconds to initiate the Auto-off stop program.
- Press or hold Up (+) or Down (-) to set the Auto time by 0.5-hour increments up to 10 hours, then at 1-hour increments up to 24 hours. The remaining time will be displayed.
- Turning the unit ON or OFF, adjusting the timer setting to 0.0 or any instance of malfunction will cancel the Auto Start/Stop timer program.
- The selected temperature will increase by 1°C over 30 minutes. The temperature will then increase by another 1°C after an additional 30 minutes. This new temperature will be maintained for 7 hours before it returns to the originally selected temperature. Sleep/Eco mode will end and the unit will continue to operate as originally programmed.
NOTE: This feature is unavailable under FAN or DRY mode.
Remove the upper drain plug from the back of the unit and attach 3/4" hose (not included).
NOTE: Make sure the hose is secure so there are no leaks.
Direct the hose toward the drain, making sure that there are no kinks. Place the end of the hose into the drain and make sure the end of the hose is down to let the water flow smoothly.
When the water level of the bottom tray is full, the unit will beep 8 times and display "PI". The air conditioning/dehumidification process will immediately stop, while the fan motor continues to operate. Carefully move the unit to a drain location, remove the bottom drain plug and allow the water to drain. Reinstall the bottom drain plug and restart the machine until the "PI" symbol disappears.
NOTE: Always install drain plugs and hose firmly to prevent leaking.
1. ON/OFF button
Press to turn unit ON and OFF.
2. MODE select button
Press to toggle between the following modes: AUTO, COOL, DRY, FAN, HEAT
Note: (Heating is not available for this model)
3. FAN button
Press to toggle between four fan speeds: LOW, MED, HIGH, AUTO.
The arrow on the display will point to the selected fan speed. If there is no arrow, then the fan speed is set to AUTO.
Note: You cannot set temperature in FAN mode.
The remote display will indicate the room temperature.
4. SLEEP button
Press to initiate the SLEEP/ECO operation.
NOTE: The SLEEP function is not available in FAN or DRY mode.
Used to recall the previously selected setting. Push this button when the unit is on, the system will automatically revert to the previous settings including operating mode, setting temperature, fan speed level and sleep feature (if activated). If pushing more than 2 seconds, the system will automatically replace the current operation settings including operating mode, setting temperature, fan speed level and sleep feature (if activated).
6. TEMP UP
Press to increase the set temperature from (17-35°C).
7. TEMP DOWN
Press to decrease the set temperature from (35-17°C).
8. TIMER ON
Press once to initiate AUTO-ON function. Keep pressing until the desired time is set. TIMER ON displayed when the setting is on.
NOTE: TIMER cannot be set with the UP/DOWN buttons.
9. TIMER OFF
Press once to initiate AUTO-OFF function. Keep pressing until the desired time is set.
TIMER OFF displayed when the setting is on.
NOTE: TIMER cannot be set with the UP/DOWN buttons. You could turn off either function by setting its timer to "O.Oh"
Press to toggle on/off LED DISPLAY on the unit.
NOTE: LED DISPLAY will turn back on if any setting is changed.
Cleaning & Care
- Always unplug the unit before cleaning or servicing.
- DO NOT use flammable liquids or chemicals to clean the unit.
- DO NOT wash the unit under running water. Doing so poses an electrical hazard.
- Clean the air filter every 2 weeks for optimal performance.
- If PI error occurs (see Troubleshooting), drain the water collection tray immediately after PI and before storage to prevent mould forming.
- In households with animals, animal hair can block the airflow: periodically wipe down the grill.
- Store unit in a cool, dark place. Exposure to direct sunshine or extreme heat can shorten the lifespan of the unit.
- Clean the unit using a damp, lint-free cloth and mild detergent. Dry the unit with a dry lint-free cloth.
- Run the appliance on FAN mode for 12 hours in a warm room to dry it and prevent mould.
Cleaning Air Filter
DO NOT operate the unit without filter or dirt and lint will clog it and reduce performance.
|Issue||Possible Cause||Steps to Resolve|
|Not turning on with ON/OFF button||PI error code||Bottom tray full: connect the drain hose and drain water.|
|In COOL Mode: temperature lower than the set temperature||Reset temperature|
|Air filter blocked with dust or animal hair||Turn off unit and clean filter|
|Exhaust hose disconnected or blocked||Turn off unit, disconnect the hose, check for blockages and reconnect|
|Unit low on refrigerant||Contact Kogan Support|
|Temperature setting too high||Decrease set temperature|
|Windows and doors in room open||Ensure windows and doors closed|
|Room area too large||Double-check cooling area|
|Heat sources in the room||Remove heat sources from|
|Noisy and vibrating||Ground not level||Install the unit on a flat, level surface|
|Air filter blocked with dust or animal hair||Turn off and clean filter|
|Gurgling sound||Caused by the flow of refrigerant||Normal: not indicative of a fault|
|E1||Room temperature sensor error.|
|E2||Evaporator temperature sensor error.|
|E3||Condenser temperature sensor error.|
|E4||Display panel communication error.|
|E5||Refrigerant leakage detection malfunction.|
|P1||Bottom tray full: connect the drain hose and drain water. If error repeats, contact Kogan Support.|
Note: When one of the above malfunctions occurs, turn off the unit, and check for any obstructions. Restart the unit, if the malfunction is still present, turn off the unit, unplug the power cord and contact Kogan Support.