Safety & Warnings
- This product should only be used for indoor floor cleaning. Do not use for outdoor cleaning (such as a balcony), non-floor surface (such as a couch), commercial or industrial environments.
- Do not use this product in areas with a suspended environment (such as a split level area, open balcony, housetop, etc.) without any guard rails.
- Do not use this product in environments with temperatures higher than 40°C and lower than 0°C or any liquid or sticky things on the floor.
- Collect all cables and wires on the floor before using this product to avoid dragging in while in use.
- Please collect any fragile items and foreign things from the floor (such as vases, plastics, etc.) to avoid damaging luxury items.
- Do not let disabled persons or children use or operate this product.
- Do not let children use this product as a toy and ensure children are not near the unit when it is working.
- Do not place any object (including children and pets) on the stable or moving unit.
- Do not use it to clean any burning matter (such as burning ashes or cigarettes).
- Do not use it to clean carpet with a long pile (dark colour carpet cannot be cleaned normally as it interferes with the sensors).
- Do not make the unit suck up hard or sharp things (decoration waste, glass and steel nail etc) as this can damage the unit.
- Do not use the laser protection cap as a handle to move the unit.
- Do not clean the unit and the charging base without disconnecting the power supply.
- Do not get any liquid into the product (the dust box should be wiped out after cleaning).
- Do not place the unit upside down (the laser should not be placed on the ground).
- Use this product according to the manual or the quick start guide, any loss or injury caused by improper use shall be borne by the user.
Battery and Charging
- Do not use any third-party batteries, power adapters or charging bases.
- Do not use non-rechargeable batteries.
- Do not dismantle, repair or modify battery or charging base without permission.
- Do not place the charging base near a heat source (such as a radiator, heating duct, etc.).
- Do not use a wet cloth or any other liquid to wipe any part of this product.
- Do not discard the wasted battery, it is recommended to be discarded following professional advice.
- If the product is to be transported, make sure that the main machine is in a shutdown state. It is recommended to use the original packing box for packaging.
- If this product is not used for a long time, power off the unit and place it in a cool and dry place. Charge it at least once a month to avoid damaging the battery and permanent deterioration of capacity.
Blue light solid - working normally
Yellow indicator flashes slowly - recharging/low power
Yellow indicator breathes - charging
Blue indicator flashes slowly - in network configuration
Blue indicator breathes - starting/firmware updating
Red indicator quickly flashes - in an abnormal state
Main Body & Sensors
1. Connect the power adapter to the outlet and place the charging base against the wall.
- Make sure to leave a space of more than 0.5m on each side of the charging base and space of 1.5m in front of it;
- Do not put the charging base in direct sunlight;
- Collect extra wire in the cavity shown above to avoid tangling by the vacuum during cleaning.
2. Power on and charge
- Long press for 3s, wait for the indicator and then place the robot onto the charging base for charging.
Red indicator flashes: In an abnormal state
- The robot may not be powered on in low power, please place the robot onto the charging dock directly for charging.
- The robot cannot be powered off if it is on the charging base.
3. Connect mobile app
1) Search for “LS Robot” in the app store on your Android or Apple device. For iOS, search "LS Robot" in the App Store and for Android users, search "LS Robot" in the Google Play Store.
Alternatively, you can scan the QR code below:
2) After installing the "LS Robot" app, open the app. You will see the home page:
3) Register a new LS Robot app account. Please note, this account is unique to the LS Robot app.
4) Make sure you have the following information:
- Your home Wi-Fi name (SSID) (NOTE: Network supports 2.4GHz Wifi frequency band only.)
- Your home Wi-Fi password.
5) Turn ON the vacuum as following:
- Switch on the power by pressing the power button for 5 seconds, until the blue light on the button flashes slowly.
6) Select “Add Robot” option once logged into the App.
7) Place the robot into pairing mode by long-pressing the Home Button and Circular (Spot Clean) button on the vacuum simultaneously (highlighted below) for 3 seconds to enter the network configuration.
NOTE: Network supports 2.4GHz Wifi frequency band only.
8) Once the unit is in pairing mode, in the App, select the tick icon above the “NEXT” button (highlighted below), then select the Next button.
9) The app will enter “Network Configuration” mode. From this screen, select your Wifi name (SSID) and enter your Wifi password. Select “Connect WiFi”.
NOTE: LS Robot app may auto-fill the wifi password when you first pair this device. Ensure you delete the auto-fill password, and re-enter your wifi password
10) A window should then appear with the steps to select a Wifi network.
If it doesn’t, Open settings - > WiFi on your mobile phone and connect to the WiFi network as shown “KAVACRBLS5A-XXX”.
Android - The LS Robot app takes you to the phone's wifi settings automatically after it prompts that a WiFi signal will be transmitted by the vacuum, meaning the phone's settings app is not opened and instead the WiFi settings of the phone are displayed within the LS Robot app.
Apple iOS - the app stays idle after the prompt and the user has to go open the WiFi settings manually by leaving the LS robot app to run in the background.
- Once it shows as connected with a tick mark, come back to the application which leads to pairing mode.
11) Once the unit has successfully paired, it will display the vacuum home screen with all the functions.
Please note, the device needs to be removed first from the previous account, when you have changed users and would like to repair the device.
4. Install Water Tank
1. Put the mopping cloth on the bottom of the water tank and fix it on the hook and loop.
- Do not use the water tank when no person is at home to supervise the unit.
- Please set a virtual wall to block if there is carpet.
2. Open the rubber lid of the water tank, fill it up with water and then securely close the rubber lid.
- Note: Some disinfectants or detergents may cause blockages in the filter.
3. Push the water tank into the bottom of the robot as per the indication and make sure the clips on both sides are in place.
Press in the clips of both sides with your hand and draw the water tank backwards.
- Remove the water tank when charging or not in use
- When placing the charging base on a wooden floor, please place a waterproof pad underneath to avoid the floor getting wet.
1. Whole Cleaning
- When the indicator light changes from yellow breathing into constant blue, it means the charging is completed and shortly press key () or use the app to start cleaning (after previously connecting the unit via the app).
- After the robot completes network configuration, use app remote to start cleaning and schedule cleaning, etc.
- Cleaning cannot be started when power is low.
- Collect various cables on the floor before cleaning to avoid power breakage or damaging things from dragging.
- When the robot comes to low power during cleaning, the robot will return to the base for charging automatically and will remember where to continue cleaning after charging is completed.
2. Spot Cleaning
When the robot is on standby or in pause mode, shortly press the key to start spot cleaning. The robot cleans within a square area of 2m*2m as its center. After cleaning, it will return to the starting position automatically and stops cleaning. This mode is applied for the floor where rubbish is concentrated.
- After whole cleaning is completed, the robot will return the charging base for charging automatically.
- When it turns to low power during the whole cleaning, the robot will return to the charging base for charging automatically.
Press recharging key or start recharging with the mobile app.
- No operation is needed for recharging and charging state, the robot can complete independently;
- If the robot did not find the charging base, please put it on to the charging base manually;
- Please remove the water tank when charging.
- When the robot is in running state, press any key to pause and press to continue cleaning.
- Press key to return to the charging base and finish the cleaning.
If there's no operation for 5 minutes, the robot will enter sleeping mode automatically and the robot keys, app and the remote can wake up the robot in sleeping mode.
- The robot that is charging on the base will not enter the sleeping mode.
- The robot will automatically be switched off when the sleeping mode exceeds 12 hours.
6. Fault Status
When the robot is abnormal, the press keys indicator will glow in red and flashes, refer to "Troubleshooting" for a solution.
- If no operation during fault state, the robot will enter sleeping mode automatically.
7. Fill Water or Clean the Mopping Cloth During Working
If you need to fill water or clean the mopping cloth during the operation, please press any key firstly to pause and remove the water tank, after adding water or cleaning the mopping cloth, put the water tank back and press key to continue the cleaning work.
8. Cleaning Mode
Using the app, you can choose modes such as quiet, standard and strong cleaning. The default is standard mode.
9. Do-not-Disturb Mode
During do-not-disturb mode, the voice prompt will be shut down and the ring indicator will become dim. The default setting of do-not-disturb mode time is 22:00- 07:00, which can be changed with the app.
10. Customised Cleaning Area
Using the app, you can set the customised cleaning area and the robot will carry out the cleaning as per the customisation.
11. Spot Cleaning
Using the app, you can set the spot cleaning area, the robot will plan the path automatically to reach the spot area and carry out the cleaning.
12. Schedule Cleaning
Use the app to set a cleaning time. The robot will start cleaning automatically on a schedule and will return to the charging base once cleaning is finished.
Google Assistant Setup
|1. Open Google Assistant by selecting the Google Assistant icon on your phone.||2. Select the Explore button from the Google Assistant pop up.|
|3. From the Explore page, search for "Smart Robot".||4. Select the "Smart Robot" skill and select "Link".|
|5. Enter your Username and Password. These are the same as those used in the LS Robot app.||6. You will then see the below screen upon successful linking. (The 'Link' button will now read 'Unlink')|
7. Now you may use voice commands to control your Kogan R50 LaserSmart Robot Vacuum. Try one of the following commands:
Amazon Alexa Setup
|1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and select the Menu button on the top left of the screen.||2. Select “Skills & Games” from the menu.|
|3. Search for the skill named “Smart Robot”.||4. Select the “Smart Robot” skill and select “Enable to Use”.|
|5. Once the “Smart Robot” skill has been enabled, select “Link Account”.||6. Enter your Username and Password. These are the same as those used in the LS Robot app.|
|7. You will then see the below message upon successful linking.||8. You may now use voice commands to control your Kogan R50 LaserSmart Robot Vacuum. Select the icon below to try out a command|
Try one of the following commands:
- Remove the main brush cap by flipping the robot over and pressing down the clips.
- Remove the main brush upward and clean the main brush bearing.
- Clean up the main brush with the equipped tool.
- Install the main brush and tightly press the fixing clips.
Note: It is suggested to replace the main brush once in every 6-12 months to ensure proper cleaning.
Dustbin and HEPA Filter
1. Remove the robot cover and take out the dustbin as shown in the picture.
2. Pull out the top of the HEPA, take it out and dump the dust.
3. Reinstall the HEPA filter in order.
4. Put the dustbin back and tighten the handle, then install the robot cover.
Remove the HEPA filter and clean it with a soft brush.
Periodically remove and clean the rolling brush.
Remove and clean the side brush periodically.
Use the soft mopping cloth to clean the cliff sensor periodically
- The HEPA filter should be replaced once every 3 months.
- It is suggested to clean the HEPA filter with a brush periodically.
- It is suggested to replace the side brush once in every 3 months.
|Dimensions||350mm x 94.5mm|
|Dimensions||163 x 134.2 x 100.5mm|
|Rated output||20V-1.2 A|
Failure 1, please ensure there’s no blockage to the laser unit.
Check or clean the foreign matters around the laser or move the robot to a new place and restart it.
Failure 2, wipe the cliff sensor, move the unit to a new place and restart it.
Wipe the cliff sensor and retry (refer to the manual for the sensor position).
Failure 3, if a strong magnetic field is detected, please move it to a new place and retry.
Please move the robot to a new place and retry.
Failure 4, check and clear the foreign matters on the collision sensor.
Try to press the bump bar and clear the foreign matter and then restart it.
Failure 5, if the temperature of the robot is abnormal, please wait for the robot to return to normal temperature.
The temperature of the robot is too high or too low; please wait for the robot to return to normal temperature.
Failure 6, if abnormal charging is detected, please clear up the charging contact area.
Please check if using the original adapter; please check if the charging base is placed on a level surface; please wipe the metal contact parts after turning off the power of the robot and charging base.
Unable to start
When the battery is in low power, please charge it on the charging base firstly before use.
The ambient temperature is too low (lower than 0°C) or too high (higher than 50°C), please use at 0-40°C.
Unable to charge
When the battery is in low power, please charge it on the charging base firstly before use.
Fails to recharge
There are many obstacles around the charging base, please place the charging base in an open area.
The robot is too far to the charging base, please place it nearby and try again.
Power off then restart.
Abnormal sound when cleaning
The main brush, side brush or the main wheel may have foreign matters tangled, stop the robot and clear it up;
Cleaning efficiency reduces or dust leak occurs
The dust bin is full, please empty it out.
The HEPA filter is blocked, please clear the obstruction and clean the filter.
The main brush is tangled with foreign matter, please clear it up;
Fails to connect to Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi signal is poor, please make sure the robot is in good Wi-Fi signal.
Wi-Fi is abnormal, reset Wi-Fi and download the latest app and try again.
Schedule cleaning is failing
Check if the robot is in do-not-disturb mode, it will not continue the cleaning in this mode.
Manually charging or putting the robot back to the base will not make it to continue the cleaning.
|Fails to return to charging base after spot cleaning or being moved to another position||
The robot will make a new path after spot cleaning and if the charging base is far, it will not be able to charge back automatically, please put the robot back to the charging base manually.
|Fails to connect to remote||
After the key is pressed for 3-5 seconds, turn on the Robot and keep pressing the edge model.
After listening to the robot’s broadcast of the opening music, the remote control will start working.