Safety & Warnings
|Working with electricity and batteries can be dangerous. The information provided in this manual is for general guidance only. All work should follow the safety standards and should be carried out by an appropriately qualified person. You are responsible for any damage or injury caused by incorrect installation or use of the product.|
Installation of the Solar Kit
- Before you install the solar kit, please make sure your 12V battery is not fully discharged. The battery should produce at least 6V - this voltage is required to start the solar charge regulator. If your battery is fully discharged, please charge it by other means for a short period of time first.
- Connect the 12V battery to the solar charge regulator using the 5m cable with alligator clips.
- Connect the solar panel to the 5m cable with alligator clips. The solar kit should start charging the battery. For maximum output, make sure the solar panel is located outdoors and exposed to as much sunlight as possible without any shading. Even a small shaded area (e.g. leaves, trees, etc.) can reduce the output significantly.
- If needed, you can connect any 12V load or appliance to the load terminals of the solar panel (DC connector type). Make sure the total current drawn by the load does not exceed 4A.
- The solar panel and its connection box at the back are waterproof and can be used outdoors in any weather condition.
Step 1: Connect the alligator clips to the battery, red to the positive battery terminal (+) and black to the negative battery terminal (-).
Step 2: Connect the Female DC plug (with the solar panel) to the Male DC plug.
Step 3: Stand up the solar panel and adjust the angle to get the most sunshine for your location.
- This kit is designed for charging 12V batteries only.
- The kit can charge two 12V batteries (same type and capacity) connected in parallel, but only for batteries that are always wired together as with a single 12V battery bank.
- The solar charge regulator has a built-in overcharge protection function to ensure the battery is not overcharged.
If you are experiencing any issues with your charger, please try the following:
- Make sure your battery generates at least 6V. Disconnect any load which might be drawing power from your battery (also disconnect your battery from any vehicles or boats).
- Disconnect the kit and leave the controller to cool for 5 minutes. Check all connections to ensure they are secure and clean, check the polarity of the battery and solar panel connection and reconnect the kit (connect the battery first).
- Ensure the solar panel is exposed to enough light - ideally position it to face the sun.
In the Box
Contents of the Package
|1||20W mono solar panel||1|
|2||Junction box with indicator light (installed behind the panel)||1|
|3||4A regulator (installed behind the panel)||1|
|4||5m high-quality battery cable with alligator clips||1|
|5||Instruction manual for the kit||1|