Safety and Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure the product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
This TV has an inbuilt 'switch off' feature which has been included to preserve the OLED panel and reduce the risk of irreparable screen damage and screen burn.
The TV will automatically switch off after extended periods of use, approximately 4 hours.
It is a common feature for this technology and is a standard in which most other brands include with their TV's.
In order to assist with prolonging the life of the unit, this feature cannot be turned off.
General Safety Instructions
Risk of electric shock. DO NOT OPEN!Do not attempt to service the television yourself, as opening or removing the covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to the Kogan customer support team.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. The television should not be exposed to dripping or splashing, and no liquid filled objects such as vases should be placed on the case.
In the event of smoke, strange noises or a strange smell from the unit, you should follow these steps:
Never push objects of any kind into the set through the cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-circuit parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill any liquids onto the set.
Use special caution in households where children are present. The television is not suitable for children under 4 years old to operate.
Power supply cords should be routed safely to prevent dangers due to damaged cords.
The mains plug is the main disconnect method, so it should be easily accessible and not be obstructed during use.
To avoid fires, no naked flame sources such as lit candles or burning incense should be placed onto the casing of the television.
Do not pull the plug out of a power outlet by pulling on the power cable. Always grasp the plug and pull.
Never touch the plug with wet hands.
An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits.When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits, as contact with them may be fatal.
Always turn the set off when it is not being used. Unplug the television from the power outlet when it will not be used for a long time or when there is an electrical storm.
Never touch the antenna cable during a lightning storm.
|Excessive volume from earphones and headphones can cause permanent hearing loss. Always monitor the volume of noise from these devices, especially when children are using them.|
Ventilation should not be impeded or limited by covering the ventilation slots with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains etc..
At least 10cm of space should be left around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.
The television should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves or other products that produce heat.
Place the television in a position where the screen is not exposed to direct sunlight. It is best to have soft indirect lighting while watching, and you should avoid a completely dark viewing environment and reflections to avoid eye fatigue.
Keep the product away from high magnetic fields (such as near an amplifier speaker) to avoid affecting the tint.
Do not place the television on an unstable table, stand or shelf. The set may fall, causing serious injury as well as damage to the television itself.If moving the television on a cart, move the unit with care as sudden stops and starts may cause the television to overturn.
|Do not place this television near water, for example near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a damp basement etc..|
|When moving the television to a warm location from a cold location, allow some time for any dew or condensation inside the television to evaporate fully before you turn the unit on.|
|To prevent injury, the television must be securely attached to the floor/wall in accordance to the supplied installation instructions.|
|Unplug the television from the power supply before cleaning. Do not use any liquid cleaners or harsh chemicals. Use a soft, damp cloth.|
The hardware buttons located on the rear of the unit behind the lower-left corner of the screen can be used to control the TVs basic functions, including the on-screen menu (OSD).
To use more advanced features, the remote must be used.
1. Power: Press to turn the unit on, and to switch to standby.
2. Input: Press to select the input source.
3. Sound: Press to select the sound mode.
4. Picture: Press to adjust user picture mode, or repeatedly to switch between the four modes.
5. NICAM: Press to set the NICAM sound system.
Note: NICAM function is optional, the button on the remote is only available with certain models.
6. MUTE: Press to turn off TV sound, press again to restore TV sound.
7. 0-9: Press 0-9 to select a TV channel directly when you are watching TV, to enter a page number in teletext mode and so on.
8. Aspect: Press to change the aspect ratio of the screen.
9. Recall: Press to return to the previous channel.
10. Ch. List: Press to view the channel list.
11. Subtitle: Press to switch on subtitles.
12 Guide: Press to view electronic channel guide (only available for DTV)
13. Coloured Buttons: Correspond to different menu options.
14. Setting: Quickly enter the settings menu.
15. Info: Press to display current channel information.
16. /OK: Press to navigate on-screen menus and setting adjustments.
17. Menu: Press to display main menu in TV mode.
18. Exit: Press to exit menu or sub-menu.
19. Vol : Press to increase or decrease the volume.
20. Home: Press to go back to the home page selection.
21. Ch : Press to change between channels.
22. Rec/Mix: Press to begin recording.
23. Stop/Hold: Press to stop playing or recording, hold on or off for current page display.
24. Fast Forward: Press to timeshift or play a program in fast forward.
25. Skip Backward: Press to go to the previous chapter.
26. Skip Forward: Press to go to the next chapter.
TEXT: Press to open or close teletext.
27. Play/Pause: Press to play or pause, or begin timeshift.
28. Rewind/Reveal: Press to rewind, or to show or hide the hidden information of teletext.
29. The cursor switch
The left mouse button
The right mouse button
Set Up the Remote
1. Open the battery covers at the sides of the keyboard, then remove the USB receiver.
2. Insert 2x AAA batteries.
3. Plug the USB receiver into any available USB port on your TV.
4. You can now use the remote with your TV.
- The air mouse function will be OFF by default.
- Press to activate the air mouse function.
- Swing your wrist to form easy and smooth motions to move the pointer.
- To select an item while using the air mouse function, move the pointer to the chosen icon and press .
- To use the keyboard, simply go to the field you need to type in, press the left key and start typing.
Re-Pairing the USB Dongle
If you feel that the TV is not receiving any air mouse or keyboard inputs, it is possible that the USB dongle is not paired properly with the remote.
Use the following steps to re-pair them.
- Unplug the USB dongle from your TV.
- Remove the batteries from the remote and press any key.
- Reinsert the batteries in the remote.
- Press Z & > on the keyboard within 30 seconds until the Fn LED light comes on.
- Reinsert the USB dongle into your TV.
- The Fn LED light will flash 5 times which means pairing is successful.
- If the LED does not flash within 10 seconds, it means pairing has failed. Repeat the steps.
- If the issue persists, contact our Support team.
Calibrating the Air Mouse
- Put the remote on a flat surface
- Press and hold < & > on the keyboard.
- The Fn LED light should turn off in 5 seconds, this means recalibration has been successful.
Turning the Air Mouse Off
- If you do not use any of the Air Mouse keys or functions for 30 seconds, the function will go into sleep mode.
- If you want to turn it off quicker than this, you will need to press the left/right keys above the cursor key.
- To activate the air mouse, press the cursor key again.
If you need to remove or assemble the stand, please read the following:
- Before attaching/detaching the stand, be sure to turn the TV off.
- Before performing any work, spread cushioning out over the base area to lay the TV on. This will prevent it from being damaged.
Insert the feet into the existing holes.
Use the provided screws to fasten these securely in place.
Press the Menu button to display the TV menu. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate setting, and press OK to select.
Select the cogwheel (settings icon) and press OK to enter the settings interface.
Select the "Network" option and click OK to enter the menu. If you click on the Wi-Fi section, the TV will search for available Wi-Fi networks. Select your network, then enter the correct password. You can also choose to use a wired connection instead by inserting an ethernet cable from your router/modem into the TV.
System Key Sounds
In this menu, you can set the volumes, select the prompt tone and button time, as well as other audio settings.
In this menu, you can customise the image mode and set up your favourite wallpaper.
Storage & Reset
Here you can view internal storage details. You have the options to perform backups and resets.
Date and Time
You can modify the date and time. Optionally, you can choose to synchronize your date and time from your internet network.
You can view and set the relevant information for your system updated. You can also view the model information, Android version, legal information and ads.
You can select your desired language here.
You can adjust these settings to suit your personal preferences in regards to your keyboard input settings. You can also view your personal dictionary.
In this menu, you can adjust whether the TV displays subtitles, as well as customise the subtitle font, language, style, etc.
Security & Restrictions
The user can set the security functions in this menu.
Select the Wi-Fi icon, then press OK to enter the television Wi-Fi settings.
Select this to optimise television memory.
Select this to adjust the television's backlight strength.
This can adjust the picture mode between standard/soft/light/user (customised) modes.
This can change between 16:9 or 4:3 using the left and right keys.
You can select the overall appearance of the image using this option and the left/right keys.
The temperatures are COOL (more blue, less red), NATURAL (normal balance) or WARM (less blue, more red). You can also select USER, which allows you to balance the temperature yourself (customised).
Press the left/right keys to select between OFF, WEAK, MIDDLE, STRONG and AUTO to improve the picture sharpness.
Use the left or right keys to select between STANDARD, MUSIC, MOVIE, SPORT or USER.
Press the OK button to go through different bandwidth frequency levels.
The volume balance between the left and right speakers can be adjusted here to suit your personal preference.
Auto Volume - Surround Sound
Use this to adjust the surround sound volume settings.
Use this to select SPDIF mode. This is only used in HDMI/DTV modes.
Select auto-tune then press OK to begin auto-tuning your TV channels.
DTV Manual Search
If the antenna type is DVB-T, you can use the left or right keys to select a channel, then press OK to search. The TV will store the DTV channel if there is a DTV signal present.
ATV Manual Search
Analog television signals are no longer in Australia. This option is now invalid.
You can then use the coloured buttons on the remote control to select skip, delete or lock channels, or add a channel to your favourites list.
- Press RED to enter the delete menu, then choose the channel you want to delete and press the RED button again to delete it.
- Press YELLOW to enter the favourite menu, then choose the channel you want to add to your favourites list. You can then use the FAV button on your remote to choose your favourite channel as quickly as possible.
- Press GREEN to skip the channel. The channel will from that point be skipped when changing channels and will also be skipped when browsing through the channel list.
Set the timer for the OSD (On-screen Display) to display.
Enter Password: Enter '0000' to go into the lock submenu.
- Select the "System Lock" submenu.
- Press left/right key to select ON or OFF.
The lock feature requires a Password to be entered before any settings can be changed.
Note: the default password is 0000. The master password is 1980.
- Press OK to select the SET PASSWORD option.
- Enter the current password (which upon first use will be 0000).
- Choose any 4 digits for your new password and enter them. As soon as the 4 digits are entered, the cursor will move to CONFIRM PASSWORD. Simply re-enter the same 4 digits and the new password will have been set.
This option is only available in DTV mode.
Press OK to select the PARENTAL CONTROL option.
Press the left or right keys to select the lock level of the parental controls.
Press OK to enter the PVR submenu and adjust PVR settings such as storage location, formatting the storage and the time shift size.
No Signal Standby
Press left or right to choose ON or OFF. If set to ON, the TV will auto-standby after 10 minutes in a 'No Signal' state. (In VGA mode, if there is no operation after 15 seconds, the TV will go into standby.)
Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) is an HDMI feature designed to allow the user to command and control up to 15 CEC-enabled devices that are connected via HDMI by using only one of their remote controls. For example, you can control a TV set, a set-top box and a Blu-ray player by using only the remote of the TV.
- Press up/down to select the CEC option.
- Press OK to enter the CEC submenu.
Select the RESET option and press OK to display a confirmation box. From here you can select YES or NO.
This can also assist with minor software issues.
Note: please use this option with care, as it will return the TV settings and channels to the factory default, clearing any user data.
The sleep timer will automatically set the TV to standby after the selected period.
Press left/right repeatedly until the desired time appears (OFF, 10min, 20min, 30min, 60min, 90min, 120min, 180min, 240min).
- The sleep timer you have set will be cancelled if the TV is turned off or a power failure occurs.
- When the time left is less than 60 seconds, a reminder notification will be shown on the screen. Press any button while this notification is displaying to cancel the timer function.
The Home Pages
The home page can be divided into two parts. One part is your traditional TV portal, with some of your favourite applications in the upper right corner. The other part is the navigation bar, in which you can click on the icon to jump into each app's interface.
Use the arrow buttons on your remote to highlight the TV preview in the center of the screen and press OK to fill the screen.
Use the input menu along the left side of the screen to change the TV input signal, or the input button on the remote.
Use the MEDIA, HOME and APPS buttons along the top of the screen to switch between the three main pages.
Select LocalMM from the home screen to view photos, videos or audio.
Use the up and down keys to select the picture icon, then press OK to confirm. You can then navigate to the folder and select the photo you want to view.
|1 - View previous picture||6 - Rotate image anticlockwise|
|2 - View picture||7 - Rotate image clockwise|
|3 - View next picture||8 - Show picture information|
|4 - Zoom in||9 - Set as background wallpaper|
|5 - Zoom out||10 - Toggle play mode|
Use the up and down keys to select the music icon, then press OK to confirm. You can then navigate to the folder and select the music you want to listen to.
|1 - Play the previous song||5 - Play the next song|
|2 - Rewind the current song||6 - Toggle play mode|
|3 - Pause the song||7 - Show song list|
|4 - Fast forward through song||8 - Show song information|
Use the up and down keys to select the video icon, then press OK to confirm. You can then navigate to the folder and select the music you want to listen to.
|1 - Play previous video||6 - Show time|
|2 - Rewind video||7 - Show subtitles|
|3 - Pause video||8 - Show video information|
|4 - Fast forward video||9 - Video play settings|
|5 - Play next video||10 - Toggle play mode|
Connecting to a Soundbar/Sound System
As these units have headphone out (3.5mm also known as AUX) and coaxial audio out ports, please ensure your selected soundbar or sound system accepts one of these connections.
Refer to the manual for your soundbar or sound system for exact connection instructions.
Typically, this will be as simple as connecting the outputs to the respective input on the soundbar or sound system. Use a 3.5mm AUX cable for AUX or headphone input/output, and a coaxial cable for coaxial audio input/output.
After connecting the unit, you may be required to set the input audio mode on the soundbar/sound system so the unit knows where to expect the audio from.
You can find the user manuals for some of our Kogan Soundbars below.
Many minor issues can be resolved by hard resetting, or power cycling the unit or upgrading the firmware.
To perform a hard reset, or power cycle, please use the following steps.
1. Unplug it from the main power socket and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
2. Press and hold the power button on the TV for 5 seconds.
3. Connect the TV back to the power and turn it on.
|Poor problem and sound quality||
|No picture or sound in TV status||
|No sound or sound is too low at maximum volume||
|No colour, wrong colour or tints||
|Picture rolls vertically||
|Blurred or snowy picture, distorted sound||
|Remote control malfunctions||
|Image is not centered on the screen||
Please refer to the TV Troubleshooting Guide for further assistance.
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Support Team with any queries - please note that a photo or video of the issue can assist with identifying and resolving the issue.
Kogan 55" OLED Smart 4K HDR TV
|LED Panel Resolution||3840x2160|
|Speaker Output Power||2 x 12W|
1x PC audio
1x 3.5mm stereo audio
1x Coaxial audio out
With stand: 1306*230*771mm
Without stand: 1230*41*272mm
|VESA Wall Mount Pattern||300mm x 400mm | M6 Screw|
|USB Media Playback Formats||PG,JPE,PNG,BMP,MP3, AAC,MPG,MPEG4,H.265|
|Computer Supported Resolutions||640×360@60Hz, 853x480@60Hz, 1024x576@60Hz, 1280x720@60Hz, 1366x768@60Hz, 1920x1080@60Hz, 3840*2160@60Hz|
Note: Some computer supported resolutions are only available with an HDMI connection.
A .pdf version of this manual is unavailable, however, you can print out this webpage if you would prefer a hardcopy.
If you require any assistance, please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account.