Safety & Warnings
When using your iron, these basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- Make sure the mains power being used corresponds with the power requirements indicated on the rating label.
- Use the iron only for the uses described in the user manual.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children or animals. Do not leave the iron unattended while connected or on an ironing board. Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water or steam.
- Keep the iron out of reach of children.
- The iron should never be left unattended while connected to the power supply.
- The plug must be removed from the socket before the water reservoir is filled with water.
- Unplug the iron from the mains electrical supply before:
- Filling with water, or emptying the water tank
- Immediately after use
- Never operate the iron with a damaged power cord or plug, or after it has fallen, been damaged, or is leaking in any way. To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble the iron.
- Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces
- To protect against the risk of electrical hazards, do not immerse the iron in water or any other liquids.
- The iron must be used and rested on a stable surface.
- When placing the iron on its stand, ensure that the surface on which the stand is placed is stable.
- This appliance can be used by children ages from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Children should not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user maintenance should not be made by children without supervision.
- Keep the iron and its cord out of reach of children less than 8 years of age when it is plugged in or while it is cooling down.
- For any repairs or queries, always contact the Kogan.com customer support team. The iron does not contain any user serviceable parts.
|B||Steam Control (Variable)|
|G||Water Inlet with Cap|
|K||Soft Touch Grip|
|L||Power Cord Protector|
Before First Use
- It is normal for a small amount of smoke to be produced upon first use. This will quickly disappear.
- When using the steam function for the first time, do not direct the steam towards the laundry, as there could be debris in the steam vents.
Supply of Electricity
- Set the iron down on the stand and plug the unit in.
Filling with Water
- It is recommended to use distilled water with the unit.
- Make sure that both the Steam Control Knob and the Temperature Control Dial are in the “OFF” position.
- Set the 3-Position Switch into position 2 and remove the cordless iron from the stand.
- Hold the iron upright so that the Water Inlet is in a horizontal position.
- Fill with water through the Water Inlet until the water reaches the MAX mark indicated on the side of the iron. Never fill above this mark.
Follow the ironing instructions on the garment label. If there is no instruction,
but you know the kind of fabric, please consult with the following table.
Note: if the material consists of various fabrics, always select the temperature
required by the most delicate fabric.
|Fabric||Temperature Control||Temperature Requirement|
|Cotton, Linen||***||High temperature|
- Place the iron in a vertical position and set the temperature control dial at the minimum/low heat setting.
- Insert the plug into the power socket, then turn the temperature control dial to the “High Heat” marking. The power indicator will come on, indicating that the iron is heating up.
- When the power indicator turns off, the set temperature has been reached and the iron is ready for use.
- During ironing, the power indicator on the iron will switch on and off as the thermostat maintains the set temperature (you may keep ironing while this is occurring).
- Turn the steam control knob to the required position.
- Steam is produced as soon as the iron is held horizontally.
- Press the spray button to spray water onto the clothes as often as is required.
Note: when using the water spray function, ensure that there is enough water in the water tank. You may need to pump the spray button several times at first to start the spraying function.
Burst/Vertical Steam Ironing
- Press the steam button to generate a powerful burst of steam that can penetrate fabrics and smooth the most difficult of creases. Wait for a few seconds before pressing again.
- By pressing the steam button at intervals, you can also iron vertically (curtains, hung garments etc..)
Note: The burst steam function can only be used at high temperature. Stop use when the power indicator comes on, then resume ironing again once the power indicator has gone out again.
For ironing without steam, follow the instructions as given in the section “Steam Ironing”, however, the steam control knob should remain in the “OFF” position (no steam).
1. Set the 3-Position Switch to position 3.
2. Take the iron (with the power unit) from the stand for ironing.
3. Replace the iron (with the power unit) back onto the stand after use and set the 3-Position Switch to position 2.
1. Set the 3-Position Switch to position 1.
2. Take the iron (without the power unit) from the stand.
3. Always replace the iron onto the stand during ironing intervals.
4. When the iron is correctly placed on the stand, the power indicator will illuminate.
5. If the soleplate needs heating up to the set temperature, the power indicator lamp will be activated. As soon as the soleplate has regained the set temperature, this light will go out.
6. It is advisable to use the iron in corded mode if you intend to steam iron for a length of time or when applying numerous shots of steam, as this can cause the soleplate to cool down considerably.
Cleaning & Storage
1. After use, lift the iron with the water inlet hole pointing downwards to empty the remaining water from the water tank.
2. Insert the plug into the socket, then set the Temperature Control Dial to “MAX” for 1-2 minutes to evaporate any remaining water, then unplug the iron and let it cool down.
3. Set the 3-Position Switch to position 2.