Safety & Warnings
During the process of welding or cutting, there can be any possibility of injury, so please take protection into consideration during operation. For more details please review this guide, which complies with the preventive requirements of the manufacturer.
Electric shock: May lead to death!
- Set the earth fitting according to complying standard.
- Please do not touch the electric parts and electrode with bare skin or while wearing wet gloves or clothes.
- Make sure you are insulated from the ground and the workshop.
- Make sure you are in a safe position.
Gas: May be harmful to health!
- Keep your head out of the gas.
- When arc welding, air extractor should be used to prevent breathing in gas.
Arc radiation: Harmful to your eyes and burns your skin.
- Use a suitable helmet and light filter, wear a protective garment to protect the eyes and body.
- Use a suitable helmet or curtain to protect looker-on.
- Welding spark may cause fire, make sure there’s no tinder or flammable materials around the welding area.
Noise: Extreme noise harmful to ears.
- Use ear protector or others means to protect ears.
- Warn that noise may harm hearing if looker-on is around.
In the event of a malfunction:
If you experience issues in the installation or operation of this item, please check this Manual thoroughly for guidance and troubleshooting steps.
If you are still unsure or continue to have issues, please contact Kogan.com for further assistance.
- Creepage protection switch should be added when using the machine!
- The machine will produce a radio wave, so the worker should make full preparation for protection.
- If the distance between workpiece and machine is too far (50-100m) and the cables (torch cable and earth cable) are too long, please choose cable of the bigger section to minimize the reduction of the voltage.
Notes or Preventive Measures
- The machine can perform in an environment where conditions are dry with a humidity level of a maximum of 90%.
- Ambient temperature is between -10°C to 40°C.
- Avoid welding in sunshine or dripping rain.
- Do not use the machine in an environment where the air condition is polluted with conductive dust or corrosive gases in the air.
- Avoid gas welding in the environment of strong airflow.
2. Safety norms
The welding machine has a built-in protection circuit of overvoltage, current and heat. When voltage and output current and temperature of the machine are exceeding the rated standard, the welding machine will stop working automatically, because this causes damage to the welding machine, the user must pay attention as follows:
a) The working area is adequately ventilated!
The welding machine is so powerful, when it requires high current for operation and natural wind cannot satisfy the machine’s cooling demands, there is a fan in the machine to cool it down. Make sure the intake is not blocked or covered, and there is a space of 0.3m between the welding machine and environmental objects. User should make sure the working area is adequately ventilated. It is important for the performance and the longevity of the machine.
b) Do not overload!
The operator should remember to watch the maximum duty current (Response to the selected duty cycle).
Welding current should not exceed the maximum duty cycle current.
Overload current will damage and burn up the machine.
c) No over voltage!
Power voltage can be found in the specification table. Automatic voltage compensation circuit will assure that the welding current is kept in the allowable range. If power voltage is exceeding the allowable limit, it will damage the components of the machine. The operator should understand the situation and take preventive measures.
d) There is a grounding screw behind the welding machine and a grounding marker on it; the mantle must be grounded reliably with cable if the section is over 6 square millimetres in order to prevent from static electricity and leakage.
e) If the welding time is exceeded by the duty cycle limit, welding machine will stop working, because the machine is overheated, and the temperature control switch is in “ON’’ position and the indicator light turns red. In this situation, you don’t have to pull the plug, just let the fan cool the machine. When the indicator light is off and the temperature goes down to the standard range, you can start the machine again.
|1||Output current (a) display||7||MMA current(a) knob|
|2||Output voltage (v) display||8||MIG output voltage knob|
|3||Power indicator light||9||(-) Negative output|
|4||Abnormal indicator light||10||For polarity changing
(-) Welding without gas shield
(+) Welding with gas shield
|5||MIG/MMA function knob||11||(+) Positive output|
|6||MIG wire speed/current knob||12||Connection for MIG torch|
About the machine
The welding machine is a rectifier adopting the most advanced inverter technology. Inverter gas-shielded welding power source utilises high-power component IGBT to transfer 50/60Hz frequency up to 100kHz and then reduce the voltage and commutate output high-power voltage via PWM technology.
CO2 shielded welding equipment adopts the most advanced inverter technology. Inside of the machine is equipped with an electronic reactor circuit which can accurately control the process of the electric short transition and blending transition and offer excellent welding characteristics. Comparing with the synergic welding machine and another machine, it has the following advantages: Stable wire speed, compact, power saving and no electromagnetic noise.
Continuous and stable operation with a small current, especially suitable for welding sheet of low-carbon steel, alloyed steel and stainless steel, automatic voltage pulsation compensation capability, small sparkle, good arcing, high duty cycle and so on.
The welding equipment is equipped with a power voltage compensation set. When power voltage changes between±15% of rated voltage, it can work normally.
When using a long cable, in order to minimize the reduction of voltage, a big section cable is suggested. If the cable is too long, it will affect the performance of arcing and another system function, so rated length is suggested.
1. Make sure the intake of the machine is not covered or blocked to prevent the malfunction of the cooling system.
2. Use earth cable whose section is not less than 6mm squared to connect the housing and earth. Connect the back of the machine to the earth set or make sure the earth end of the power switch reaches the earth. Both methods can be used for better security.
1. Connect the gas flask with CO2 decompression flow meter and the CO2 mouth behind the machine via gas cable.
2. Insert the swift plug of earth cable into the swift socket in the front panel.
3. Set the wire wheel with wire on the wheel axis, the wheel hole should be matched with the wheel fixer.
4. Choose wire slot according to the wire size.
5. Loosen the screw of the wire-pressing wheel, put the wire into slot via wire-lead tube, tune the wire-pressing wheel to fix wire from gliding, but pressure should be suitable in case the wire distorts and affects.
6. Wire roll should turn to prevent the wire from gliding; the wire is usually set to the fixed hole on the wheel side. To prevent the bent wire from getting stuck, please cut off this part of the wire.
7. The MIG torch has been settled inside of the machine, you just need to put the wire into the torch by hand.
1. Put the air switch to "ON" position, open the valve of CO2 cylinder and adjust the flow.
2. Adjust the wire diameter of the wire machine to a rated number according to wire diameter.
3. Choose torch loophole span based on wire diameter.
4. Tune the voltage knob, speed knob and inductance knob to the right position based on the thickness of the work piece and mechanics.
5. Press the torch switch to let out the wire to the torch head and begin to work.
|Power Voltage (V)||1 phase240V|
|Rated input current MIG (A)||40.7|
|Output current MIG (A)||50-280|
|Output current MMA (A)||20-280|
|Output Voltage (V) MIG||16.5-28|
|Duty cycle (%)||60|
|Wire speed (m/min)||2.5-13|
|Wire wheel diameter (mm)||150|
|Wire diameter (mm)||0.6-1.0|
|Applied welding rod(mm)||1.6-5.0|
|Housing shielding grade||IP21|
|Suitable thickness(mm)||0.8 above|
|Dimension (mm)||540 x 255 x 415|
Before maintenance and checking, power must be turned off and before opening the housing, make sure the power plug is pulled off.
1. Remove dust by dry and clean compressed air regularly, if the welding machine is operating in an environment where the air is polluted, the machine needs to remove dust every day.
2. The pressure of compressed air must be inside a reasonable arrangement in order to prevent damaging to small components of inter-machine.
3. Check inter circuit of welding machine regularly and make sure the cable Circuit is connected correctly and connectors are connected tightly (especially insert connector and components). If scale and loose are found, please give a good polish to them, then connect them again tightly.
4. Avoid water and steam enter into inter-machine, if they enter into the machine, please dry inter-machine then check the insulation of machine.
5. If welding machine will not be operated for a long time, it must be put into a package and stored in a dry environment.
6. When wire machine operates for every 300 hours, the electric carbon brush and armature rectifier should be polished, the reducer should be cleaned, and lubricator should be added to the turbo and bearing.
Note: In case of machine failures, do not attempt repairs yourself, only allow repairs by a qualified individual.
|The power indicator is not lit, the fan does not work and no welding output||
1. Make sure air switch is closed.
2. Check if electric wire net is in working condition.
3. Some of the heat-variable resistors (four) of power panel are damaged, when it happens, general DC24V relay is open or connectors are in poor contact.
4. Power panel (Bottom board) is damaged; DC 310V voltage cannot be outputted.
a. Silicon Bridge is broken, or connector of Silicon Bridgeis in poor contact.
b. Power panel has been burned up.
c. Check whether the wire from the power.
5. Auxiliary power of control panel is in a fault condition.
|The power indicator is lit, fan works, no welding output||
1. Check if all kinds of cables of inter-machine are in poor contact.
2. The output connector is cut-off or in poor contact.
3. Control cable or switch of the torch is broken.
4. The control circuit is broken.
|The power indicator is lit, fan works and the abnormal indicator is lit.||
1. Maybe it is overheated, please turn off machine first and then turn on the machine again after the abnormal indicator is off.
2. Maybe it is overheated; wait for 2-3 minutes.
3. Maybe inverter circuit is in fault condition:
a. If abnormal indicator is still lit, some of the IGBTs are damaged on the main board, find out and replace it with the same model.
b. If the abnormal indicator is not lit:
i. Maybe the transformer is damaged, measure inductance volume and Q volume of the main transformer by inductance bridge.
ii. Maybe secondary rectifier tube of transformer is damaged, find out faults and replace rectifier tube with it.
If the machine fails to work normally after maintenance, please check and contact customer care.
Abnormal situations such as failure of welding, unstable arc, poor welding result occur due to some faults.
The machine may be operating well but some reasons cause abnormality such as connectors are loosened, forget to turn ON the switch, wrong setting, broken cable and gas pipe, etc. So before maintenance, please check it up first, some problem may be solved.
In the top right corner item you can find the problem, please check according to the table below for the one with "O" mark.
Earlier Checking Diagram for the Abnormal
Welding Power Supply
||If abnormal noise and no wind, check the inner.|
|Loophole||1. If instalment fixed, the front distorted.||Reason for an air hole.|
|2. Attach splash or not.||
Reason for burning the torch.
(Can use splash-proof material)
|Electric hole||1.If instalment fixed.||Reason of torch screw thread damage.|
|2. Damage of its head and hole is blocked or not.||Reason for unstable arc and broken arc.|
|Wire sending tube||1. Check the extended size of the pipe||Have to be changed when less than 6mm, when the extended part too small, the arc will be unstable.|
|2. Check whether wire diameter and the tube inner diameter is matched or not||Reason of unstable arc, please use the suitable tube.|
|3.Partial winding extended||Reason of poor wires sending and unstable arc, please change.|
|4. Block caused by dirt in the tube and the remains of the wire plating lay.||Reason of poor wire sending and unstable arc (Use kerosene to wipe or change new one).|
5. Wire sending tube is broken
O circle wear out
1. Pyro condensation tube is broken, replace tube.
2. Change new O circle.
|Gas bypass||Forget to insert or the hole blocked or different factory component.||May lead to vice (Splash) because of the poor gas shield, torch body gets burned (Arc in the torch), please handle carefully.|
Wire Sending Machine
1. If put the arm to the suitable indicating level.
(Notes: Not to damage wire less than Ф1.0mm.)
|Lead to unstable arc and wire sending.|
|1. If powder or residue store up in the mouth of the tube.||Clean the residue and check the reason and solve it.|
|2. Check whether the wire diameter and the tube inner diameter is matched or not.||If not matched, lead to unstable arc and residue.|
|3. Check whether the tube mouth centre matches with the wire wheel slot centre or not.||If unmatched, lead to unstable arc and residue.|
1. Wire diameter matches the wheel’s requirement.
2. If the wheel slot is blocked.
1. Lead to unstable arc and residue and block wire tube.
2. Change a new one if necessary.
|Pressure wheel||Check the stability of its move and wearing-out of pressed wire and narrowing of its contact surface.||Lead to unstable arc and wire sending.|
1. If torch cable is overbent.
2. If the metal connecting point of mobile plug loosens.
1. Cause poor wire sending.
2. Unstable arc if cable over bent.
1. Wearing-out of the cable insulated material.
2. The cable connecting head naked (Insulation damage) or loosen (The end of power supply and cable of main material connecting point.)
For life security and stable welding, adopt a suitable method to check according to the working place.
|Input Cable||1. Check whether the connection of power supply input, protective equipment input and the output end fixed or not.
2. If the security equipment cable reliably connected.
3. If the power input end cable fixed.
4. If the input cable is worn out and bares the conductor.
1. If the earth’s cable that connects the power supply is broken and connects tightly.
2. If the earth’s cable that connects the main part is broken and connects tightly.
|To prevent creepage and ensure security, please check daily.|
Questions you may Run into during Welding
Fittings, welding materials, environment factor and supply powers have something to do with welding. User must try to improve the welding environment.
A. Arc-striking is difficult and easy to pause:
1. Make sure the quality of the electrode is high.
2. If the electrode is not dried, it will cause an unstable arc, welding defect increases, and the quality goes down.
3. Use of extra-long cable will decrease the output voltage, so please shorten the cable.
B. Output current not to rated value:
When power voltage departs from the rated value, it will make the output current mismatch with the rated value. When the voltage is lower than the rated value, the maximum output may be lower than the rated value.
C. Current is not stabilizing when the machine is been operating:
It has something with factors as follows:
1. Electric wire net voltage has been changed.
2. There is harmful interference from electric wire net or other equipment.
D. Welding gap has an air hole:
1. Check whether the gas supply loop leaks or not.
2. The surface of mother material may have oil, stain, rust, lacquer or other impurities.