Safety & Warnings
During the process of welding or cutting, there can be any possibility of injury, so please take protection into consideration during operation. For more details please review this guide, which complies with the preventive requirements of the manufacturer.
Electric shock: May lead to death!
- Set the earth fitting according to complying standard.
- Please do not touch the electric parts and electrode with bare skin or while wearing wet gloves or clothes.
- Make sure you are insulated from the ground and the workshop.
- Make sure you are in a safe position.
Gas: May be harmful to health!
- Keep your head out of the gas.
- When arc welding, air extractor should be used to prevent breathing in gas.
Arc radiation: Harmful to your eyes and burns your skin.
- Use a suitable helmet and light filter, wear a protective garment to protect the eyes and body.
- Use a suitable helmet or curtain to protect looker-on.
- Welding spark may cause fire, make sure there’s no tinder or flammable materials around the welding area.
Noise: Extreme noise harmful to ears.
- Use ear protector or others means to protect ears.
- Warn that noise may harm hearing if looker-on is around.
Malfunction: In case of trouble, count on the professionals
- If you experience trouble in installation and operation, please follow this manual instruction to check up.
- If you fail to fully understand the manual or fail to solve the problem with the instructions, you should contact Kogan.com for help.
- Creepage protection switch should be added when using the machine!
- The machine will produce a radio wave, so the worker should make full preparation for protection.
- If the distance of the workpiece and machine is too far (50-100m) and the cables (torch cable and earth cable) are too long, please choose cable of a bigger section to minimize the reduction of the voltage.
Notes or Preventive Measures
- The machine can perform in an environment where conditions are dry with a maximum humidity level of 90%.
- Ambient temperature is between -10°C to 40°C.
- Avoid welding in sunshine or dripping rain.
- Do not use the machine in an environment where the conditions are polluted with conductive dust or corrosive gases in the air.
- Avoid gas welding in an environment with strong airflow.
2. Safety Norms
The welding machine has a built-in protection circuit for overvoltage, current and heat. When voltage and output current and temperature of the machine are exceeding the rated standard, the welding machine will stop working automatically, because this causes damage to the welding machine, the user must pay attention and ensure the following:
a) The working area is adequately ventilated
When the machine requires a high current for operation, natural wind cannot satisfy the machine’s cooling demands. There is a fan in the machine to cool it down. Make sure the intake is not blocked or covered, and there is a space of 0.3m between the welding machine and environmental objects. User should make sure the working area is adequately ventilated. It is important for the performance and the longevity of the machine.
b) Do not overload
The operator should remember to watch the maximum duty current (Response to the selected duty cycle). Welding current should not exceed the maximum duty cycle current. Overload current will damage and burn up the machine.
c) No overvoltage
Power voltage can be found in the specification table. Automatic voltage compensation circuit will assure that the welding current is kept in the allowable range. If power voltage is exceeding the allowable limit, it will damage the components of the machine. The operator should understand the situation and take preventive measures.
d) There is a grounding screw behind the welding machine and a grounding marker on it; the mantle must be grounded reliably with cable if the section is over 6 square millimetres in order to prevent from static electricity and leakage.
e) If the welding time is exceeded by the duty cycle limit, welding machine will stop working, because the machine is overheated, and the temperature control switch is in "ON’" position and the indicator light turns red. In this situation, you don’t have to pull the plug, just let the fan cool the machine. When the indicator light is off and the temperature goes down to the standard range, you can start the machine again.
2. Current adjusting knob
3. Power indicator light
4. Abnormal indicator light
5. Positive output
6. Negative output
About the machine
The welding machine is a rectifier adopting the most advanced inverter technology. Inverter arc welding power source utilizes high-power component monotube IGBT to transfer 50/60HZ frequency up to 50kHz and then reduce the voltage and commutate output high-power voltage via PWM technology. Because of the great reduction of the main transformer’s weight and volume, the efficiency increases by 30%.
With the IGBTs constantly updated and the same volume of a monotube IGBT, the power will be larger than MOS tube several times, so use one monotube IGBT instead of many MOS tubes. This is the development trend of inverter welding machine. This greatly reduces the size of the inverter welding machine without compromising on quality.
The welding power source can offer stronger, more concentrated and more stable arc. When the stick and workpiece get short, its response will be quicker.
This kind of welding machine has the following characteristics: Effective, power saving, compact, stable arc, high no-load voltage, good capacity of force compensation and multi-use.
It can weld stainless steel, alloy steel, carbon steel, copper and other colour metals.
It can be applied to electrodes of different specifications and materials, including acidity, alkalinity and fibre.
It can be used in high altitude and open air.
The machine is equipped with power voltage compensation circuits. When power voltage moves between ± 15% of the rated voltage, it can work normally.
When using long cable, in order to prevent voltage from going down, bigger section cable is suggested. If the cable is too long, it may affect the performance of the power system.
1. Make sure the intake of the machine is not blocked or covered, if blocked the cooling system could not work.
2. Use inducting cable whose section is not less than 6mm² to connect the housing to the ground. Connect it from the ground-connecting screw at the back to the earth device.
3. Correctly connect the arc torch or holder according to the sketch. Make sure the cable, holder and fastening plug have been connected with the ground. Put the fastening plug into the fastening socket at the "-" polarity and fasten it clockwise.
4. Put the fastening plug of the cable to fastening socket of "+" polarity at the front panel, fasten it clockwise and the earth clamp at the other terminal clamps the workpiece.
5. Please pay attention to the connecting polarity, DC welding machine has two connecting ways: Positive connection and negative connection.
- Positive connection: Holder connects with "-" polarity, while workpiece with the "+" polarity.
- Negative connection: Workpiece with the "-" polarity, holder with the "+" polarity.
- Choose a suitable way according to work demands. Otherwise, it will cause an unstable arc, more spatters and conglutination. If such problems occur, please change the polarity of the fastening plug.
6. According to the input voltage grade, connect power cable with power supply box of relevant voltage grade. Make sure there’s no mistake and the voltage difference are in the permissible range. After the above jobs are done, the instalment is completed, and welding can be done.
1. Open the power switch, the screen will show set current volume and ventilator begins to revolve.
2. Adjust knobs of welding current and arc-striking push; make sure the welding function complies with the demands.
3. Generally, welding current is adequate to the welding electrode as follows:
4. If the welding machine is put into the TIG function, then it will be in the TIG contact strike function. Set the machine with TIG torch and it will be in working status.
Before operating the machine please make sure all the power is turned off. The correct order is to connect the welding cable and ground cable to the machine first and make sure they are firmly connected and then connect the power plug to the power source.
|Power voltage (V)||
|Rated input current (A)||29|
|No-load voltage (V)||56|
|Output current (A)||20-160|
|Rated input voltage (V)||28|
|Force range (A)||---|
|Duty cycle (%)||60|
|No-load loss (W)||40|
|Housing protection grade||IP21|
|Dimensions(cm)||25.0 x 12.5 x 18.0|
1. Remove dust by dry and clean compressed air regularly, if the welding machine is operating in an environment where the air polluted with smokes, the machine needs dust removal every day.
2. The pressure of compressed air must be inside the permissible level in order to prevent damage to small components of the machine.
3. Check inter-circuit of the welding machine regularly and make sure the cable of the circuit is connected correctly and connectors are connected tightly (Especially insert connector and components). If scales are found, please give a good polish to them and then connect them again tightly.
4. Avoid water and steam into the machine, if they enter the machine, please dry the machine and then check the insulation of the machine.
5. Please put the welding machine into a packing box and store in a dry environment when not in use.
|Note: In the case of machine failures, the machine must be checked by qualified personnel in a specific field of electricity and safety who holds the relevant certificate that proves his/her abilities and knowledge.|
|Indicator of the power switch is not lit; the fan is not working and there is no welding output.||
A) Make sure the power switch is "on".
B) Make sure the input cable is connected with power.
|The power indicator is lit, the fan does not work and there is no welding output.||
A) 220V power is not stabilizing (Input cable is too slender) or input cable is connected to the electric wire and net cause machine is in the protection circuit. Increase the section of the input cable and tighten the input connector firmly. Close machine 5-10 minutes then open it again.
B) Open and close power switch in a short time because the protection circuit is working. Close the machine and open it again after 5-10 minutes.
C) Cables are relaxed between the power switch and power source board, tighten them again.
|The fan is working, welding current is not stabilizing or out of regulation resistance control, the current is sometimes low and sometimes high.||
A) Quality of 1K regulation resistance is broken, replace it.
B) The terminal of output is broken or poorly connected, need to check it out.
|The fan is working and the abnormal indicator is not lit, there is no welding output.||
A) Check if components are poorly connected.
B) Check if the connector of output terminal is broken and poorly connected.
C) Check voltage between power source board and MOS board (VH-07) is about DC 308V.
D) If the green indicator is not lit in assistant power of MOS board, please contact seller or company and replace it.
E) If there are queries concerning control circuit, please contact seller or company and replace it.
|The fan is working and the abnormal indicator is not lit, but there is no welding output.||
A) Over-current protection may be working, please close machine and wait. If abnormal indicator is not lit, open the machine.
B) Overheating protection may be working, wait for 5-10 minutes.
C) Inverter circuit may be in a fault condition;
1. IGBT may be broken, please check and replace it.
2. Some of the secondary rectifier tubes of the transformer may be broken, check and replace rectifier tube.
D) Feedback circuit may be in a fault condition.
Questions you may Run into during Welding
Fittings, welding materials, environment factor and supply powers have something to do with welding. User must try to improve the welding environment.
A. Arc-striking is difficult and easy to pause:
1. Make sure the quality of the electrode is high.
2. If the electrode is not dried, it will cause an unstable arc, welding defect increases and the quality goes down.
3. Use of extra-long cable will decrease the output voltage, so please shorten the cable.
B. Output current not to rated value:
When power voltage departs from the rated value, it will make the output current mismatch with the rated value. When the voltage is lower than the rated value, the maximum output may be lower than the rated value.
C. Current is not stabilizing when the machine has been operating:
It has something with factors as follows:
1. Electric wire net voltage has been changed.
2. There is harmful interference from electric wire net or other equipment.
D. When using MMA welding, there's too much spatter:
1. The current may be too big and the stick's diameter too small.
2. Output terminal polarity connection may be incorrect. Opposite polarity should be applied at the normal technique, which means that the stick holder should be connected with the negative polarity of power source and workpiece should be connected with the positive polarity.