When you plug in your phone to your PC via USB, you'll see a notification up top with an option to select USB transfer options on your phone.
Please check that you have selected either "Transfer files (MTP)" or "Transfer photos (PTP)" from the USB transfer options.
If the issue persists following this, your drivers may need updating in order to provide a connection to your mobile device. Please ensure all available Windows 10 updates have been installed, and perform the following steps.
- Open "Device Manager"
- Locate and right-click on the device and select "Update Driver Software..."
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- Select "MTP USB Device" and click "Next"
If you have found that the device is still unable to be recognised, the below steps to install an alternate driver should resolve this:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Go to C:\Windows\INF
- Type "wpdmtp.inf" (without quotation marks) in search bar on the top right.
- Once it displays (it will take a little while to search), right click on it and select install. It will take a few seconds.
The default Windows 10 drivers don't always play nicely with Android phones and this is likely the cause of your issue.
You should now be able to connect your phone to the PC and see it working as expected.
Feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account for further assistance.