This product includes a button battery that can be used as an emergency power source and has a memory function. No need to reset the alarm after power off.
Safety & Warnings
- Place the appliance on a stable, level and non-slippery surface.
- Do not use the appliance at room temperatures lower than 50°F/10°C or higher than 95°F/35°C.
- Do not use this appliance to reduce your hours of sleep. The purpose of this appliance is to help you wake up more easily. It does not diminish your need for sleep.
- This appliance is only intended for household use.
Alarm Clock Button
Click toturn on/ turn off sunrise light;
Clickto set the brightness.
• Double Clickto turn on/ turn off colourful lights and enter automatic mode;
• Clickto switch manual mode.
• Long pressto switch automatic mode again.
• Long pressturn on automatic search mode;
• Click toturn on/ turn off FM radio;
Clickto set radio volume; long press to set FM frequency.
• Click to turn on/ turn off alarm;
• Long press to set alarm: Click to set.
• Click to turn on/turn off sleep mode;
• Long press to set Sleep: Useto set.
• Click to change Time Brightness;
• Long press to set time: Clickto set.
In power-on state, press and hold on "" for 2 seconds to enter time setting:
- Use "" to set "HOUR", press "" to confirm;
- Use "" to set "MINUTE", press "" to confirm;
- Use "" to choose "", press ""to confirm; finish setting.
LED Time Display Brightness
In power-on state, short press "" to adjust the brightness of LED display.
There are three brightness options.
The order of brightness changes is: High brightness - Medium brightness -No brightness.
Alarm Clock Function
Alarm Clock Group
This product supports dual alarm clock mode.
You can set two different alarm times.
For example, set the Alarm clock 1 for weekdays and set Alarm clock 2 for weekends.
When the weekend comes, you can turn off the Alarm clock 1
Their operation and setting are the same (take Alarm 1 as an example in the instruction).
Turn ON/OFF Alarm Clock
In time state, press "" to turn on alarm and corresponding icon is displayed in time area.
After turning on alarm, press "" to turn off alarm and corresponding icon will disappear.
Alarm Clock Setting
In time state, have a long press on "" for 2 seconds to enter alarm setting.
Use "" to set "HOUR", press "" to confirm.
Use "" to set "MINUTE", press "" to confirm.
Alarm Ringtone Setting
Use "" to set ringtone, press "" to confirm.
Option 1-7 is the wake-up ringtone. (There are: bird singing, ocean sound, stream sound, beep, windbell, soft music and piano music.)
Option 8 is FM radio
You can use natural wake-up sounds or the FM radio to wake up to. (Note: The channel that the FM radio wakes up depends on the channel you last listened to.)
Alarm Volume Setting
Use "" to set Alarm Volume (Volume Range: V-01~V-16) and press "" to confirm. When the set alarm time arrives, the wake-up ringtone will gradually sound.
Wake Up Light Brightness Setting
Use "" to set brightness of wake-up lights (OFF, L-01~L-20) and press "" to confirm. (Note: When the set light time arrives, the light will slowly turn from dark to the preset brightness level. OFF means turning off the light. Set the light state to OFF when you don’t need a light wake up.)
Simulated Sunrise Time Setting
Use "" to set advance time to lighten (10~60MIN) and press "" to confirm, finish setting. You can set the light to turn on 10-60 minutes before the alarm sounds. At the set sunrise simulation time the light intensity of the lamp gradually increases to the set level and the light colour changes from deep morning red to bright daylight.
- When alarm clock goes off, press "" to enter snooze state, you can get an extra 9 minutes of sleep time. (Note: Snooze up to 5 times)
- When alarm clock goes off (or snooze state), press the corresponding alarm clock button to turn off lights and sound.
- When alarm clock goes off, if there aren’t any operations within 15 minutes, it will turn off lights and sound automatically.
In time state, press "" to turn on/off sleep mode
Sleep Mode Setting
In time state, have a long press on "" for 2 seconds to enter sleep setting. Use "" to set "Sleep Time" (Optional setting time range is 10-120 minutes), press "" to confirm.
Lights Initial Brightness Setting
Use "" to set "Lights Initial Brightness" (OFF, L-01~L-20), press "" to confirm;
(Note: Contrary to the sunrise mode, the light will gradually dim in sleep mode. OFF means turning off the light! Set the light state to off when you don’t need light-assisted sleep.)
Sleep Music Setting
Use "" to set "Sleep Music" (Natural Sound-1~3, FM-4), press "" to confirm;
There are 3 kinds of ringtone can be selected. There are: Rain, Forest and River sound.
(Note: The channel that the FM radio depends on the channel you last listened to.)
Use "" to set "Initial Volume" (Range: V-01~L-16), press "" to confirm, finish setting.
Press the "" button again to turn off sleep mode.
(Note: When the sleep mode is turned off, the light does not turn off directly. Instead, it will slowly turn from bright white to deep red until it is completely closed.)
Light Brightness Setting
In power on state, press "" to turn on light; press "" to set the brightness, display the brightness (L01~L20); press "" again to turn off the light.
(Note: when turn on the light, the wake-up light will gradually change from dark red to bright white. When turning off the light, it is the opposite.)
Colourful Lights Setting
In power-on state, double press "" to turn on colourful lights and enter the automatic colour mode;
In the automatic colour mode, press "" to switch manual colour mode;
In the manual colour mode, have a long press on "" to switch automatic colour mode again.
Press "" again to turn off colourful lights.
FM Radio Function
Please have a long press on "" for 2 seconds to turn on automatic search mode in your first use, the radio will automatically save the frequency of P01, P02.
Turn on Radio
In time state, press "" to turn on FM radio, Long press on "" for 2 seconds to set FM frequency. Short press the "" button to set radio volume
Turn off Radio
In radio-on state, press "" to turn off FM radio function. If the signal is not good, you can solve it by changing the position and lengthening the antenna.
Install the App
Download the "Kogan Smarter Home" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Register SmarterHome Account
If you do not have a Kogan Smarter Home account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter registration page
- The system automatically recognises your country / area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/ email address and tap “Next”.
If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press "Confirm" to finish your registration.
Create a profile on the next page to define your location and room.
Add Device through Network
- Power the SmarterHome device on and follow the product-specific instructions to enter the Wifi-connect mode.
- Open Kogan SmarterHome app and tap “+” in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
- Select the type of device you want to connect to on the next screen.
- Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap “Confirm light is rapidly flashing”.
- Select Wi-Fi network (note: network must be 2.4Ghz band) and enter the password.
The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
- After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page.
Google Home Control
Adding "SmarterHome" to the Google Home App Method 1:
Note: You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome device.
1. From the home screen of Google Home app, press the "Add" button.
2. Press "Set up device", and press "Set up or add".
3. Under the "Works with Google" banner, tap "Have something already set up?
4. Navigate to the magnifying glass search icon.
5. Search for "Smarter Home".
Adding "SmarterHome" to the Google Home App Method 2:
Note: You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome device.
- Select “Menu” and then “Home Control”.
- In the “Home Control” screen, select the + icon in the bottom right.
- A list will appear showing actions and a search function to access more apps: from here, install the SmarterHome app.
- Log into your SmarterHome account with your email address or mobile number.
- Once linked, it will show the devices linked to your account: you can assign them to rooms. You will be prompted to authorise apps to sync.
- Click Done, and then it will give you a list of commands available
- When successfully linked, you will see it on your “Home Control” screen at the bottom of the app screen. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome devices through Google Home.
Note: You will need to have set up an Alexa account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome device.
1. Select “Menu” and then "Skills”.
2. Search for the app and enable it.
3. Log into your SmarterHome account with your email address or mobile number.
4. Select “Discover Devices” and the app will begin searching.
5. When successfully linked, you will see a list of connected Kogan SmarterHome devices. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome devices through Alexa with your voice.
Step One: Power on the device.
Step Two: Add device.
- Tap “+” or “Add Device” button. The Select Device Type page appears. Click “All”.
- Select “SMART BULB”.
- Make sure the indicator light rapidly flashes and tap “confirm indicator rapidly blink”.
If the light is not flashing quickly, long press the reset button of the device for 5 seconds or longer until it quickly flashes.
- Enter Wi-Fi Password and click “Confirm” to connect.
The “Adding device succeeded” message appears after you connection completed.
When the current Internet status is unstable, use the AP Mode to connect!
1. Turn the light on and off three times until the light flashes slowly. Make sure the Wi-Fi indicator light is flashing slowly. Then tap “Confirm indicator slowly blinks”.
2. Select Wi-Fi and input the password.
3. Open the mobile device’s wireless settings and connect to the hot spot named “SmartLife-XXXX”.
4. The app page goes through the changes during the configuration process and then once connected, the “Adding device succeeded” message.
Cleaning & Care
- Clean the appliance with a soft cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaning agents, pads or cleaning solvents like alcohol, acetone, etc., as this may damage the surface of the appliance.
- If the appliance will not be used for an extended period, remove the power cord from the wall outlet and store the appliance in a safe, dry location where it will not be crushed, banged or subject to damage.
- Do not wrap the power cord around the appliance when storing it.