Safety and Warnings
When using electrical appliances, in order to reduce risk of fire, electrical shock and/or injury to persons, basic safety precautions should always be followed.
- Ensure this blanket is tied securely
- Use this blanket as an under-blanket only.
- Not recommended for futons or similar folding bedding systems.
- This blanket is not recommended to be used on an adjustable bed. If used on an adjustable bed, check that the blanket or cord cannot become caught or rucked.
- Make sure that the heating area (wire element) on any side of the bed does not hang over the edge of the mattress.
- Do not use this blanket with a helpless person, infant or a person insensitive to heat.
- Do not use with wired area tucked in.
- Do not tuck in.
- Do not insert pins.
- Use only for human use, not for pets
- Young children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- Overlong use at the high setting can result in skin irritation or burns.
- Do not use if moist or wet.
- Do not use rucked or folded.
- Keep control unit away from an open window.
- Be sure that this blanket is used only on an alternating current supply circuit of the correct voltage.
- The flexible power supply and switch must, as for as practicable, be kept outside the bed.
- Do not switch the power on if the blanket is wet or in a folded state.
- Switch off at the power outlet and remove the plug when this blanket is not in actual use.
- This blanket must be kept fully spread out at all times during use to avoid overheating. It is imperative that the blanket is frequently inspected to ensure that this condition is being maintained.
- Bedding should not be folded back when the blanket is switched on. Do not leave heavy objects on the bed when the unit is switched on.
- Arrange the blanket so that it is not beneath pillows and/or bolsters.
- Do not dry-clean this blanket. Cleaning liquids may have a deleterious effect on the insulation or covering of the heating unit. It is recommended you follow instructions for localized soiling or hand washing if soiling occurs.
- Persons suffering from bed-wetting should only use a product specifically designed for this condition and avoid using this item.
- If any abnormality or defect in operation of this blanket is observed, discontinue its use immediately and consult the manufacturer or a licensed electrician.
- Regularly inspect the supply cord, plug, controller and blanket for any damage. If found damaged in any way, immediately cease use of the blanket and contact retailer for assistance.
- There are no customer serviceable parts inside, have the blanket serviced by a qualified service agent should the unit require access to internal components.
The blanket must not be used over or under a waterbed.
- It is recommended that a qualified and registered person inspect your electric blanket after every 3 years of use.
- When storing, fold neatly but not tightly (or roll) in the original packaging without sharp bends in the heating element and store where no other objects will be placed upon it.
- Avoid pressing creases into the appliance.
- This appliance is for domestic use only. Not intended for use in hospitals or commercial settings.
- The installation of a residual current device (safety switch) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when using electrical appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch with a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30mA be installed in the electrical circuit. See your electrician for professional advice.
- Clean this blanket only as per instruction supplied with this blanket.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is not intended for medical use in hospitals
- This appliance must not be used by persons insensitive to heat and other very vulnerable persons who are unable to react to overheating.
- Children under the age of three are not to use this appliance due to their inability to react to overheating.
- The instructions shall state that the appliance is not to be used by young children over the age of three unless the controls have been pre-set by a parent or guardian, or unless the child has been adequately instructed on how to operate the controls safely.
- Thisapplianceisnotintended for use by persons (including children)with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- When not in use, pack the blanket in its original packaging for best protection and store in a cool, clean and dry location. Avoid pressing sharp creases into the blanket. Only storage after the blanket is cold fully.
- The appliance must be returned to the manufacturer or his agent if the link has reputed.
- The “1” is the appropriate settings of controls for continuous use of the appliance.
- The under blanket must use with the relevant controller. (e.g. the under blanket TT-AA must use with the relevant controller TT-AA)
- The marking “Warning: Do not use folded or rucked”
- The marking “Warning: Do not insert pins”
- The marking “Warning: ‘Not to be used by very young children (0-3 years)’”
The WEEE marking on this product (see above) or its documentation indicates that the product must not be disposed of together with household waste. To prevent possible harm to human health and/or the environment, the product must be disposed of in an approved and environmentally safe recycling process. For further information on how to dispose of this product correctly, contact the product supplier, or local authority responsible for waste disposal in your area
The control has Braille markings, which allow for easy temperature adjustment in the dark.
These settings are:
1 – Gentle heat
2 – Medium heat
3 – High heat
There is a light which illuminated when the blanket is switched on.
Note: your pad will shut off no matter which heat settings you turn on.
You may notice an odour when using the blanket for the first time. This is due to the insulation material. This is harmless and will subside quickly.
Care and Maintenance
- Do not dry clean
- Do not iron
- Do not machine wash or machine dry
- Use only the following instructions:
- Before cleaning, ensure the control is set to the 0 or OFF position and remove the plug from the wall socket
- The heating wires within the electric blanket are fully water-proof
- Roll up each of the tie tapes before cleaning or storing and secure them to avoid tangling
Sponge the affected area using a luke-warm neutral detergent or mild soapy solution.
Follow this with sponging using a clean water solution. Remove any excess water by compressing the wet area between an absorbent towel.
Immerse the blanket in light luke-neutral water for 15 minutes, ensure water temperature lower than 40℃
Wash for 2 minutes with luke soapy water in a light washing machine. Do not use bleach liquid.
Rinse the blanket thoroughly in clean fresh water.
Unfold the blanket for air drying.
Drape the blanket across a clothesline and drip dry.
Do NOT use pegs to secure the blanket in position.
Do NOT dry with a hair dryer or heater.
Important: Ensure the controls are in a position that will not allow dripping water to fall onto any part of the controller.
When not in use, store as follows:
Pack the blanket in its original packaging for best protection and store in a cool, clean and dry environment.
Avoid pressing sharp creases into the blanket.
Only store after the blanket has fully cooled and/or dried if after washing.