Safety & Warnings
Read All Instructions
- Make sure the voltage in your outlet is the same as the voltage indicated on the appliance's rating label.
- Always turn the power off at the power outlet before you insert or remove a plug. Remove by grasping the plug - do not pull on the cord.
- Turn the power off and remove the plug when the appliance is not in use and before cleaning.
- Do not use your appliance with an extension cord unless this cord has been checked and tested by a qualified technician or service person.
- Close supervision is necessary when your appliance is being used by children or infirm persons.
- Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Never leave an appliance unattended while in use.
- Do not use an appliance for any purpose other than its intended use.
- Do not place an appliance on or near a hot gas flame, electric element or any other appliance.
- Do not let the power cord of an appliance hang over the edge of a table or bench top or touch any hot surfaces.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged power cable, if it has malfunctioned or has been damaged in any manner. In order to avoid the risk of an electric shock, never try to repair the Pie Maker yourself. Take it to an authorized service station for examination and repair.
- Do not use outdoors or for commercial purposes.
- Unplug the unit when finished using.
- Do not immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
Before using your Pie Maker for the first time, you should become familiar with all of the parts. Read all Instructions and carefully.
- Power Light (Red)
- Ready Light (Green)
- Handle Lock
- Upper Housing
- Bottom Housing
- Upper Non-stick Plate
- Bottom Non-stick Plate
Before The First Use
- Remove all packaging materials.
- Clean the baking plates with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Slightly grease the baking plates with a little cooking oil.
- Take care to prevent water from running into the appliance.
Using Your Pie Maker
When your Pie Maker is heated for the first time, it may emit slight smoke or odor. This is normal with many heating appliances. This does not affect the safety of your appliance.
- Inset the power plug into the power outlet, the red power indicator light will turn on, indicating that the Pie Maker has begun preheating.
- It will take approximately 3- 5 minutes to reach baking temperature. The red power light will remain on until you unplug your Pie Maker. When the green light turns on, the Pie Maker is ready for use.
- For best results, lightly spray the cooking plates with a cooking oil spray before using. This will assist in the removal of the pies after cooking.
- To remove pies, always use a plastic or wooden spatula. Never use a sharp object or metal, as this will damage the non-stick surface of cooking plates.
Cleaning & Care
- Always turn off the power and remove the plug after and before cleaning.
- The cooking plates are coated with non-stick cooking surface, therefore little cleaning is required. Simply wipe cooking plates over with a damp cloth.
- Do not immerse the Pie Maker in water or other liquid.
- Do not use abrasive scouring pads, powders or cleaners.
- Do not place in the dishwasher.
- Before next use, lightly grease the cooking plates for easy removal of cooked pies.
- Always unplug the Pie Maker before storage.
- Always make sure the Pie Maker is cool and dry before storing.
- To minimize storage space in your kitchen, the Pie Maker can be stored vertically.