Download the SmarterHome app from the App Store or Google Play. Register an account on your SmarterHome app.
1. Search "SmarterHome" on App Store or Google play to download.
3. Select your country code; enter the cell phone number or email address and the tap "Continue" to get a message containing a verification code.
4. You will be sent a verification code. Enter it in the "Verification Code" field, set your password and tap "Login".
5. When logged in, click "Create family" to go to the "Profile Info" page. Set a name and enter the address of the Home. Select rooms for the Home. Click "Complete" at the top right corner to complete room settings.
Room settings can be changed anytime by clicking on the Home Management as shown in Picture 3
'My Home' - Adding Devices
Click the pull-down arrow at the top left corner to add a house hold and manage households. One account can manage multiple households at the same time. The user can operate a device in a household by selecting it in the household menu.
Step One: Power on the device.
Step Two: Add device.
1. Tap "+" or "Add Device" button
2. Select "Plug with Energy meter".
3. Make sure the indicator light rapidly flashes and tap "confirm indicator rapidly Blink". If the light is not flashing quickly, long press the reset button of the device for 5 seconds or longer until it flashes.
4. Enter Wi-Fi Password and click "Confirm" to connect. The "Adding device succeeded" message appears after you connection completed.
When the current Internet status is unstable; use AP Mode to connect. "Confirm indicator slowly blinks"
1. Long press the Smart Socket’s reset button for 5 seconds or longer until the Wi-Fi indicator light of the Smart Socket slowly flashes, Make sure the WiFi indicator light is flashing slowly. Then tap
2. Select Wi-Fi and input the password. Open the mobile device’s wireless settings connect to the hot spot named "SmartLife-XXXX".
3. The app page goes through the changes during the configuration process and then once connected; the "Device added successfully" message appears.
After selecting a Smart Socket from the 'Devices' screen, the Smart Socket Control Panel screen appears.
Control Panel: Socket On
Tap the socket's image in the middle to switch the Smart Socket ON or OFF. When the Smart Socket is switched on, the socket's Control Panel options are displayed.
Control Panel: Socket OFF
Tap the socket image in the middle to switch the Smart Socket ON or OFF. When the Smart Socket is switched on, the socket's Control Panel options are displayed.
Control Panel Options:
When the Smart Socket is switched on, the switch's Control Panel options are displayed. The following options appear: Switch, Schedule, Timer, and Statistics.
Switch: Switches the Smart Socket's power ON and OFF.
Schedule: Add scheduled timers for turning the Smart Socket on/off.
Timer: Sets a timer countdown for turning off the socket.
Statistics: Calculates power consumption. (Only available to the model with this function)
Device Modification Menu
Click the "..." on the top right to enter the device modification menu.
The device modification menu is shown in the picture:
- Change basic information: You can change the name and location of a device.
- Shared devices: You can share any individual device with others by entering their mobile phone numbers. (Note: Their mobile phone numbers must be registered with SmarterHome app.)
- Create group: All the devices have been added and with the same model number will appear when you click. A group cannot be created for devices with different model numbers.
- Device information: Check device ID, Wi-Fi signal strength, IP address, Mac address, and device time zone.
- Feedback: You can submit feedback on problems encountered during usage.
- Check for Firmware Update: You can check the firmware version and update.
- Remove Device: Delete a previously added device from the list of devices.
- Factory reset: Remove devices and clear all data.
- Tap "Shared devices" in more pages.
- Tap "Shared devices", tap "Add".
- Enter phone number or email of the account, tap "Done.
Remove the shared user to stop sharing with an account previously added, press and hold to delete in Android, or slide to the left to delete in iOS.
- Click "Create Group" under "More" on a selected device page.
- The page displays all devices with the same model number and available to be added as a group. Select a device and click Save, then enter group name and click OK to finish.
- When a group has been created successfully, the page will be automatically redirected to a group control panel, where grouped devices can be managed.