Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
To get the best out of your new appliance, please read this user guide carefully before using it for the first time.
• Incorrect use of this appliance may cause personal injury and damage.
• Use for its intended purpose only, otherwise, injury or damage may occur.
• Only suitable for 220-240V, 50 Hz/60Hz power outlets.
• For domestic use only. Not for outdoor or commercial use.
• The motor section or cord of the appliance must not be submerged in water or any other liquid.
• Do not operate with wet or damp hands. Make sure that no liquid gets into the motor section.
• Never leave unattended when in use, and keep an eye on children.
• Remove the plug from the socket before removing the lid from the appliance, before cleaning or when not in use.
• NEVER use your fingers, kitchen utensils or similar to push ingredients down the feed tube! Use the accompanying tamper.
• NEVER stick fingers or other objects in the spout.
• NEVER touch the moving parts of the appliance until it has come to a complete stop.
• The centrifuge bowl must be handled with care, as it contains extremely sharp parts.
• Never use the juicer if the centrifuge bowl is damaged.
• Do not leave the appliance running nonstop for more than 3 minutes at a time. If the appliance has been running for 3 minutes, allow it to cool down for 20 minutes before you use it again.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience or knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that do not play with the appliance. If the appliance cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the Kogan customer support team.
POSITIONING THE UNIT
• Always place the appliance at the back of the kitchen counter.
• Do not place next to hot areas, for example, gas rings, deep fryers or electric hotplates.
Cord, plug and mains socket
• Ensure that the cord is fully extended.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a table/counter, and keep it away from hot objects and naked flames.
• Check regularly that neither cord nor plug is damaged and do not use if they are, or if the appliance has been dropped or damaged in any other way.
• If the apparatus or plug is damaged, it must be inspected and if necessary, repaired by a Kogan
technician, otherwise, there is a risk of electric shock. Never try to repair the appliance yourself.
• Avoid pulling the cord when removing the plug from the socket. Instead, hold the plug itself.
• Check that it is not possible to pull or trip over the cord or an extension cord.
MAIN COMPONENTS OF THE APPLIANCE:
2. Fruit pulp holder
3. Motor section
4. Locking mechanism
7. Centrifuge bowl
8. Power cord with plug
11. On/Off button
PRIOR TO FIRST USE
Before using for the first time, or after prolonged storage without use, wash any parts that will come into contact with food.
USING THE APPARATUS
Assembly before use:
• Place the motor section (3) on a flat surface, e.g. a kitchen counter, and make sure it is standing firmly on
the four suckers underneath.
• Place the base(6) on the motor section so that the spout (5) fits in the slot on the side of the motor section.
• Push the fruit pulp holder (2) up under the drain edge on the base so that it locks on the foot of the motor
• Carefully lock the centrifuge bowl (7) onto the base.
• Be careful not to touch the sharp parts in the bottom of the centrifuge bowl.
• Make sure that the centrifuge bowl sits properly on its base, so that the gear on the bottom of the bowl engages the gear in the base.
• Make sure that the centrifuge bowl doesn't sit too loosely on the base and that it rotates evenly.
• Place the lid (10) on the appliance so that it covers both the fruit pulp holder and the centrifuge bowl unit. Make sure that the lid fits tightly onto the base.
• Turn the lock mechanism (4) to the vertical position and make sure that it engages the lid and locks it fast. The lock mechanism makes a clicking sound when this is done correctly.
• Place a glass, bowl or other suitable containers under the spout.
• The apparatus now ready for use.
Preparing fruits and vegetables for juicing:
• Always wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before juicing.
• It is not necessary to remove seeds, pits or thin peels before using the appliance.
• Fruits with thick peels such as oranges and lemons must be peeled before juicing. It is particularly important to remove all the peel (including the pith), as even small amounts of peel can impart an
unpleasant taste to the juice.
• It is also necessary to remove large pits (such as plum and apricot pits) to avoid damaging the appliance.
• Large fruits and vegetables should be cut into pieces that can fit into the funnel (9).
• Start the appliance by turning the On/Off button to position "1" (low speed) or position "2" (high speed).
• The low-speed setting is suitable for juicing soft fruits and vegetables. The high-speed setting is suitable for juicing harder fruits and vegetables.
• Feed the selected fruits and/or vegetables into the appliance through the funnel a little at a time, pushing them down using the tamper (1).
• Make sure that you turn the tamper so that the groove in the tamper fits into the funnel properly.
• Long vegetables such as carrots should be fed into the funnel pointy end first.
• Press the fruits and/or vegetables gently with the funnel. Too much pressure reduces the amount of juice extracted and can damage the appliance.
• Stop the appliance before removing the tamper to add more fruit/vegetables in order to avoid to avoid splashes.
• Keep an eye on the fruit pulp holder and stop juicing before the holder becomes too full.
• Always turn off the power by turning the "On/Off" button to "0" position before taking off the lid.
Please note: Do not leave the appliance running for more than 3 minutes at a time. If the appliance has been running for 3 minutes, allow it to cool down for 20 minutes before you use it again.
• If you line the fruit pulp holder with a plastic bag before using the appliance, it will be easier to clean the appliance.
• Use fresh fruits and vegetables – they contain the most juice.
• Good candidates for juicing include pineapple, apples, cucumbers, celery, carrots, spinach, melons, tomatoes and most citrus fruits.
• The various varieties of apple yield juice with different flavours and consistency. Experiment with different combinations to find your own favourite.
• Leafy green vegetables such as cabbage and spinach can be juiced. Roll the leaves into cylinders of an appropriate size before feeding them into the funnel.
• Fibrous fruits and vegetables, as well as those with very firm flesh such as bananas, mangoes, papayas and avocados, are not well-suited to juicing, as the result is often mashed fruit instead of juice.
• All types of juice should be consumed right after juicing, as fresh juice quickly loses important nutrients when exposed to the oxygen in the air. Taste can also be affected.
• Pure apple juice turns brown quickly when exposed to air. To prevent discolouration, serve apple juice immediately after juicing or add a little lemon juice.
• Remember that fruit pulp can be used in cakes, vegetable lasagna, muffins, etc.
• Ensure the appliance is clean and dry before storing.
• The appliance contains sharp parts - keep out of the reach of children.
• Remove the plug from the wall socket and allow the apparatus to cool down before cleaning.
• The best way to clean the motor section is with a slightly dampened cloth and, if necessary, a little detergent. Do NOT immerse the motor section in any form of liquid!
• The centrifuge bowl, fruit pulp holder, base and all other detachable parts can be washed up by hand or in a dishwasher.
• Be careful not to touch the sharp parts in the bottom of the centrifuge bowl.
• Do not use any kind of strong or abrasive cleaning agent on the appliance or its accessories. Never use a scouring sponge or similar to clean it, as the surface may be damaged.
• Allow all parts of the appliance to dry completely before reassembling it after cleaning.
INFORMATION ON DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING OF THIS PRODUCT
Please note that this product is marked with this symbol:
This means that this product must not be disposed of together with ordinary household waste, as electrical and electronic waste must be disposed of separately.
Please take the unit to your local garbage disposal and recycling station for disposal.