For most smartphones it is not uncommon to experience a battery life of one day or less, depending on your usage.
The following actions and settings can greatly affect your battery life.
- Screen brightness
- GPS/Location services turned on
- Mobile data turned on
- Bluetooth turned on
- Applications opened in the background
- Using game applications
- Using video applications
- NFC services turned on
- Always-on display
To help increase your phone's battery life, try the following steps:
- Lower screen brightness & turn off auto-brightness
- Turn off unused functions such as WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and mobile data
- Restrict the amount of time used on games and streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix and Stan
- Turn on power saving mode
- Turn off the always-on display setting
- Close background applications
- Turn off auto-sync services
Please note, it is quite normal for battery capacity to deteriorate over some time depending on the number of charge cycles and how long the device is left on charge.
If left on charge longer than necessary, this can cause greater or quicker deterioration.
For Android phones, please see Google’s article for tips on battery drain here.
For iPhones, please see Apple’s article for tips on iPhone battery and performance here.
If you are still experiencing some issues with a device's connection following this, please contact our Support Team here and let them know what troubleshooting you have tried.