Safety & Warnings
- Do not attempt to transform, disassemble, or repair the product. If the product needs to be repaired, contact kogan.com.
- Do not damage the power cable in any way. Stop using the device if there is any damage to the power cord.
- Do not carry the device by the power cord.
- Do not use the device and power adapter in a wet area such as bathroom, dressing room, greenhouse, etc.
- Make sure the device is kept clean. After using the product drain the water out of the water tank, and use a cloth to wipe it clean.
- The essential oils utilised may cause staining if spilled. Clean immediately if spilled.
- Do not fill from the tap directly. Use the measuring cup to add water into the water tank.
- Don't let the spray nozzle spray directly on furniture, clothes or walls.
- Avoid placing the device in direct sun light, close to an air conditioner, fan or high temperature appliances.
- Install the unit on a flat level surface.
- Avoid placing the device near other electronics.
- Don't block the mist outlet.
- Only use clean tap water.
- Do not move the device while it is operating.
- Don't touch the product while your hands are wet, in order to avoid electricity shock.
- Place the product out of the reach of children and pets.
Part List :
A. Mist Outlet
B. Upper Cover
C. Water Tank Cover
D. Air Outlet
E. Water Tank
G. Light Button
H. HIGH / LOW/Wi-Fi Button
I. Mist Button
J. Air Intake
K. DC Socket
L. Water Outlet
1. Remove the upper cover. (FIG 1)
2. Connect the AC adaptor to the DC socket on the base. (FIG 2)
3. Using the measuring cup, fill the water tank with tap water up to the max water level line.
- Do not overfill or mist output may be low.
- Do not use hot water.
- Never fill in water during operation.
- Drop essential oil into water tank vertically. (About 0.1ML-0.15ML per 100ML water) (FIG 3)
4. Replace the upper cover onto the base. (FIG 4)
- The upper cover must be in place during operation.
5. Connect the AC adaptor to a power outlet.
6. Right Side Button - Mist Button:
a. 1st Press: Timer set for one hour of continuous mist.
b. 2nd Press: Timer set for two hours of continuous mist.
c. 3rd Press: Timer set for three hours of continuous mist.
d. 4th Press: Continuous mist will turn off when water level becomes too low.
e. 5th Press: Turn off the mist. (FIG 5)
7. Left Side Button - Light Button:
a. 1st Press: Soft rotating colour
b. 2nd Press: Freeze current colour
c. 3rd Press: Turn OFF.(FIG 6)
8. Middle Button - HIGH / LOW Mist:
The diffuser outputs at high mist mode by default. Press to switch to low mist mode.
9. Middle Button - Wi-Fi:
Pressing middle button for 5-8 seconds, the white tight will start flashing fast.
The white tight will stop flashing when successfully connected of Wi-Fi.
10. The unit turns off automatically when the water level reaches its lower limit.
- The diffuser will not work without water.
- The amount and intensity of mist produced will vary, but this is not unusual and should not be considered as a fault. Factors that affect this include water type, humidity, temperature, air currents.
- It is recommended that the device is cleaned every time is oil is changed.
- Oils are corrosive, and over time, they build up on the atomizing plate.
In the event of the unit being knocked over or tipped during usage, please follow the instructions as below:
- Unplug the unit and remove the cover.
- Pour out any remaining water out of the water tank.
- Shake the unit gently to drain any water inside the mechanism, and then allow drying for at least 24 hours.
Using the SmarterHome Application
Download the “Kogan Smarter Home” app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
If you do not have a Kogan Smarter Home account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter registration page
- The system automatically recognises your country / area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/ email address and tap “Next”.
- If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press "Confirm" to finish your registration.
Add Device Through Network
- Power the SmarterHome™ device on and follow the product-specific instructions to enter the Wifi-connect mode.
- Open Kogan SmarterHome™ app and tap “+” in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
- Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap “Confirm light is rapidly flashing”.
- Select Wi-Fi network (note: network must be 2.4Ghz band) and enter the password.
The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
- After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page.
- When the device is online, it can be controlled.
- When the device is offline, it displays “Offline” and cannot be remotely powered on.
Google Home Control
Note: You will need to have set up a Google Home account prior to linking your Kogan SmarterHome™ device.
- Select “Menu” and then “Home Control”.
- In the “Home Control” screen, select the + icon in the bottom right.
- A list will appear showing actions and a search function to access more apps: from here, install the SmarterHome™ app.
4. Log into your SmarterHome™ account with your email address or mobile number.
5. Once linked, it will show the devices linked to your account: you can assign them to rooms. You will be prompted to authorise apps to sync.
6. Click Done, and then it will give you a list of commands available
7. When successfully linked, you will see it on your “Home Control” screen at the bottom of the app screen. You can now control your Kogan SmarterHome™ devices through Google Home.
Amazon Alexa Control
Refer to the Amazon Alexa manual for creating an amazon account.
(Amazon Alexa and TuyaSmart need to be authorized under the same WiFi. This device only supports 2.4GHz WiFi, doesn’t support 5.0GHz)
After using 5-6 times, or for 3-5 days, please clean the product as below.
- Unplug the unit from the power supply and remove the cover.
- Pour out any remaining water out from the “DRAIN SIDE” of the water tank.
- Add some warm water into the tank and mix with neutral detergent, wash with a cleaning cloth.
- If you find any dirt in the air outlet, please remove the container cover and clean it.
- Never use other acids, enzymes or detergents, as this may risk poisonous gas to be created or cause malfunction.
Device powers off in one second after turning on.
Confirm the tank has water and is at a high enough level.
Confirm the power adapter is connected to the wall outlet correctly.
Power cycle the device by unplugging the power adapter leaving it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
No mist or abnormal mist.
Confirm the tank has water and is at a high enough level.
Make sure the water is not above the maximum level.
If the device is dirty, dust can block the outlets and air intake. Clean the device.
Aroma diffuser leaking water.
Ensure the top cover is attached correctly.
The surrounding temperature and humidity can cause condensation on the device.