|Please handle this product with care and inspect it regularly to ensure it is in good working order.
If the product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug and contact Kogan.com support.
Safety & Warnings
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and save for future reference.
- Do not operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been damaged or dropped. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified service agent at the instruction of Kogan.com.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Only use this product for its designed purpose of boiling water for household use.
- When using the product, be sure to fill with the water and then turn on the power.
- Do not exceed maximum level when filling the water, or scalding and injury may result.
- Hold only by the handle to avoid injury or damage to the appliance.
- Do not immerse the electric kettle into any liquid or it may damage the appliance and create a hazard. Refer to “Cleaning & Care”.
Install the appliance on a level surface. Do not allow the power cord to hang.
|2.||Lid open key||8.||Kettle mouth (with filter)|
|3.||Key panel||9.||Temperature display|
|4.||Handle cover||10.||Temperature indicator|
- The kettle will buzz twice when turning on and when it reaches the set temperature.
- The kettle will buzz once to confirm a button press.
Preset temperature indicator light:
Temperature indicator lights: 50°C, 70°C, 80°C, 90°C. 100°C = all indicators off.
In normal mode: Corresponding indicators are lit; others turn off
In keep warm mode: Corresponding indicators flash; others turn off
1) Start button: Press to start heating; press again to stop
- Press for 3 seconds to enter keep warm mode; press for 1 second to exit.
2) Temperature Pre-set:
In normal mode, the temperature indicator lights light to the set temperature.
In keep warm mode, the temperatures able to be set are: 50°C > 70°C > 80°C > 90°C > 50°C. In keep warm, buttons other than start will not function.
Kettle body LEDs
- The kettle body LEDs shine green for 50°C, blue for 70°C, purple for 80°C, orange for 90°C and red for 100°C.
- The LED turns on while setting, heating or keeping warm at the set temperature. When finished heating, the LED will turn off.
- When powered on, the kettle will buzz twice, the indicator lights will all light up for 1 second and the LEDs on the kettle body will flash before going into standby.
- When powered on, the default pre-set temperature is 100°C. Press start button to boiling directly.
- When the water temperature reaches 98°C, the kettle will stop heating after 8-10 seconds, buzz twice and enter standby.
- If a temperature is set but the start button is not, the corresponding indicator light will turn off after 15 seconds, and kettle will go into standby.
- When the kettle reaches the set temperature, the indicator light will turn on. When the kettle stops heating, it will buzz twice, the LEDs on kettle body turn off while the indicator lights are lit. It will go into standby after a minute.
- Boiling water temperature range is +3 degrees.
- During the heating process, can set temperature through pre-set temperature button.
Keep warm mode
- When set to keep warm mode (see “Button operation”), temperature can be set: the corresponding indicator light turn on. If start is not pressed after 3 seconds, the indicator light will turn off after 15 seconds and the kettle will go into standby.
- In keep warm mode, when the water temperature reaches the set temperature, the kettle will buzz twice and will not buzz afterwards.
- When in keep warm mode, the kettle will heat automatically when the temperature falls below the set temperature.
- After 30 minutes, the kettle will go into standby.
- The temperature range for keep warm is within 3°C.
- If a short circuit occurs, all the temperature indicator lights will flash, the kettle will stop heating and the buttons will be inoperable.
- If an open circuit occurs, all the temperature indicator lights will turn off, the kettle will stop heating and the buttons will be inoperable.
Cleaning & Care
- Carefully read the “Safety & Warnings” section before cleaning.
- Remove the power cord and allow the kettle to cool down.
- Wipe up the outside of bottom cover with a damp cloth, and then dry it with a dry cloth. Do not use abrasive cleaners, otherwise it will scratch the body.
- Soap water and mild cleaning agents can be used. Do not use stronger corrosive cleaners.
- The filter at the mouth of the kettle may become dirty over time. It can be cleaned rather than replaced.
- Descale the water kettle regularly to ensure a longer life.
- Descaling should be carried out twice every year in normal use state.
- Fill to the maximum level with vinegar (which is safe for consumption) and boil.
- Unplug the power cord once complete.
- Allow the boiled vinegar to sit and drain after one night.
- Fill to the maximum level with water and drain to remove residue.
- Once complete, wash as usual with water.