Please use the following steps to test if there are specific areas on your screen that are having trouble detecting input:
- Open your Phone app and bring up the keypad.
- Dial *#0*#
- Select Touch. This will bring up a test screen for you.
- Start drawing and you will be able to see where the phone can detect touch.
- Turn on all the green squares and that mode will automatically close.
- If you cannot turn all the squares green, you can also get out of this mode by clicking the Volume Up button.
- Double tap the back key to go back to your phone’s normal mode.
- Open the Notes app
- Create a new note.
- Select the marker/drawing icon.
- Try drawing all over the screen with your finger.
Unfortunately, there is no test mode that can be used for iPhones, but this will still give an indication of what is being detected.
If there are any spots where the screen is not detecting touch, this will be visible.
If you do notice any ‘dead zones’ during this test, please take a photo or screenshot of this and contact our support team.
If a return is required, this will assist our technicians in determining where the issue specifically is.
If no ‘dead zones’ can be seen during these tests, it is likely that the issue stemmed from the application that was being used at the time, or some slowdown or lagging.
Please first ensure you have installed all software and firmware updated for your phone.
Please note, if the screen has sustained any physical damage, this can also affect the efficacy of input, and may affect your warranty.
Our Support Team can be contacted here for any assistance.