Freezing, slowdown or lagging can occur for a variety of reasons.
Typically, this is due to an overload of the phone, essentially asking it to do too much or open too many things at once, just like a home computer.
If you are experiencing this with your phone, please try to determine if there is any pattern to the occurrences.
For example, the following situations can all factor into these issues:
- Certain third-party applications may simply be glitching, not performing correctly or may be poorly optimised.
- Certain games may be too demanding on the phones specifications to run smoothly. Some games with impressive graphics will put a high demand on the phone's processor, and if the unit is underpowered for this, this can result in slowdown or freezing as the phone tries to keep up.
- If you have too many applications open in the background, this can also put a lot of strain on the processor, as it will eventually struggle to keep everything running at once, and will essentially overload.
- Any outdated software or firmware can possibly cause a slowdown as things start to fall out of compatibility.
- If your storage is full, similarly to the ‘too many open applications’ issue above, this can cause some issues with the unit struggling to keep up with demands.
If you do notice that the issue is only happening during use of certain applications or types of applications (like games), while this is unfortunate, this is most likely not a fault with the phone itself, rather, it is more akin to a compatibility issue between the application and the phone's specifications.
Unfortunately, as there are many, many applications that are created and updated constantly, we cannot confirm that every phone will be able to work smoothly with every available application.
If this is happening during other times, please ensure you have any unnecessary background applications closed. The way to close these varies from phone to phone, so please check with your user manual if you are unsure how to do this.
Please ensure you have installed all available software and firmware updates for your phone.
If you have no, or very little, free storage on the unit, please delete unwanted files or applications.
If you are still having issues following the above, a factory reset may be able to fix the issue, in the event that it is due to corrupted data.
Past this, if you continue to experience issues with your device, please feel free to contact our Support Team here with the issue you are experiencing as well as any relevant photos or videos.