If your vacuum cleaner is turning off by itself shortly after being activated and leaving the charging dock, try the following steps to correct the issue:
- Check that the vacuum cleaner is charging when connected to the dock. The dock's indicator LED should be illuminated, and the robot vacuum cleaner's indicator should show that it is charging (usually by blinking or changing colour).
- Check that the charging points on both the vacuum cleaner and the charging dock are clean by wiping with a soft, dry cloth. Make sure that the pins are touching when the vacuum cleaner is charging.
- Robot vacuum cleaners can take up to 5 hours to charge fully. Make sure that you are allowing sufficient time for the unit to charge between uses.
- Check whether the vacuum cleaner is producing an error message. An error message may be shown on the display, or the unit may produce a sequence of beeps. See the user manual for your specific model for detailed information regarding error messages.
- Check that all removable parts are connected correctly. Check that the dustbin and brushes are installed securely.
- Make sure that the vacuum cleaner, charging dock and charging cable are clean and in good condition (see How Do I Clean My Robot Vacuum?). Check for and remove any blockages or obstructions.
- Make sure that you are using the vacuum cleaner on a suitable surface. If you have dark-coloured or highly reflective flooring, or thick carpet, a robot vacuum cleaner may not be suitable for your home.
- Your vacuum cleaner's battery health will deteriorate over time. If your unit has been in use for a substantial amount of time or is used often, the battery will eventually need to be replaced.
- Ensure that you only use parts intended for your specific model of the vacuum cleaner. In particular, using a charger not intended for your model can cause charging issues or damage to the unit.
- Some models (for example, Kogan Ultimate Robot Vacuums) have a power switch that must be turned on when the unit is in use. This switch does not need to be on while charging. You can see an image of this switch here.
If you are still experiencing issues with your unit after following the above suggestions, please contact our Customer Care Team for further assistance. Do not attempt to disassemble or repair the unit yourself.