Safety & Warnings
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain for reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance is designed for consumer use: follow directions and use only as described.
- Do not allow the power cord to be exposed to water, heat, direct sunlight or overhang where it can be pulled or otherwise be damaged or pose a hazard.
- This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. If it suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support.
Use the included mounting bracket to fix the camera to a clean and stable surface.
Alternatively, stick the camera to an inclined service using the provided adhesive tape.
Plug the camera to a power outlet: the red light will begin blinking and a tone will sound.
Please note: The camera will always remain on as long as it is connected to power. It cannot remotely be turned on or off.
Install SmarterHome App
Download the "Kogan Smarter Home" app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
Register SmarterHome Account
If you do not have a Kogan Smarter Home account, register or sign in with a verification code sent by SMS.
- Tap to enter registration page
- The system automatically recognises your country / area. You can also select your country code manually. Enter your mobile phone number/ email address and tap “Next”.
If you choose the mobile phone number option, then enter the verification code in the message sent to you by SMS. Set a password as prompted and press "Confirm" to finish your registration.
Create a profile on the next page to define your location and room.
Add Device Through Network
- Power the SmarterHome device on and follow the product-specific instructions to enter the Wifi-connect mode.
- Open Kogan SmarterHome app and tap “+” in the upper right to add a new device through the network.
- Select the type of device you want to connect to on the next screen.
- Ensure the device’s indicator light rapidly flashes and tap “Confirm light is rapidly flashing”.
- Select Wi-Fi network (note: network must be 2.4Ghz band) and enter the password.
The device will commence the pairing process and connect to the app.
- After successfully configuring the devices, the device will be shown on the home page. Tap to enter its control page.
Tips for use
While replaying footage, you can increase the accuracy of the video playback by zooming in to the scroll wheel. Use two thumbs to scroll in/out. See the images below.
Motion Detection Notifications
The motion detection in the unit works when the camera detects movement, such as someone arriving at your door (if a camera is set up at your door) and it will send the user a push notification to their phone or another device if the following settings are turned on in the SmarterHome application and the camera device settings.
SmarterHome Application Settings:
Camera Device Settings:
Please note: if you have notifications turned off for the app in your phone's settings (not the application settings) notifications may still not be received.
Factory Resetting Device
- Locate the RESET button/pin-hole on your device.
- Using a pin, push it through the pin-hole until you can feel the button being pressed.
- Press and hold the RESET button for 5-10 seconds or until you hear an audio prompt from your device.
- The audio prompt means the device is resetting itself, wait until you hear another slightly different audio prompt.
- After the second Audio prompt the indicator light flashes rapidly meaning that the device is ready to be added to a Kogan SmarterHome™ Account.
- Set up the device to your prefered SmarterHome™ Account as per the device’s User Manual and the device should work as intended.
- If the device is still listed in your SmarterHome™ Account please remove the device manually using the following steps:
- Select the device from the Home screen of the Kogan SmarterHome™ app.
- Tap the 3 dots on the top right corner to go to Settings.
- Tap on the “Remove Device” option.
Use this link to watch a video on how to RESET a Kogan SmarterHome™ Camera device.
Restart camera or power off, and then try to add again.
Cannot Find Device
Check network is functioning normally.
Place camera close to router.
Reset camera and add again.
Camera Still in Device List after Resetting
Remove camera and delete through the app.
How to connect camera to another router
Remove and reset the camera through the app and then configure again through the app.
Camera does not identify MicroSD card
Turn camera off before inserting MicroSD card. Confirm MicroSD card is working normally and formatted to FAT32. Check for network issues.
No Notifications in App
Check app is running and the relevant reminder function has been enabled.
Ensure notifications have been enabled in phone.