Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
General Safety Instructions
Risk of electric shock. DO NOT OPEN! Do not attempt to service the television yourself, as opening or removing the covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to the Kogan customer support team.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. The television should not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no liquid filled objects such as vases should be placed on the case.
In the event of smoke, strange noises or a strange smell from the unit, you should follow these steps:
|Never push objects of any kind into the set through the cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-circuit parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill any liquids onto the set. Use special caution in households where children are present. The television is not suitable for children under 4 years old to operate.|
Power supply cords should be routed safely to prevent dangers due to damaged cords. The mains plug is the main disconnect method, so it should be easily accessible and not be obstructed during use.
|To avoid fires, no naked flame sources such as lit candles or burning incense should be placed onto the casing of the television.|
|Do not pull the plug out of a power outlet by pulling on the power cable. Always grasp the plug and pull. Never touch the plug with wet hands.|
|An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits, as contact with them may be fatal.|
|Always turn the set off when it is not being used. Unplug the television from the power outlet when it will not be used for a long time or when there is an electrical storm. Never touch the antenna cable during a lightning storm.|
|Excessive volume from earphones and headphones can cause permanent hearing loss. Always monitor the volume of noise from these devices, especially when children are using them.|
|Ventilation should not be impeded or limited by covering the ventilation slots with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains etc. At least 10cm of space should be left around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.|
|The television should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves or other products that produce heat. Place the television in a position where the screen is not exposed to direct sunlight. It is best to have soft indirect lighting while watching and you should avoid a completely dark viewing environment and reflections to avoid eye fatigue. Keep the product away from high magnetic fields (such as near an amplifier speaker) to avoid affecting the tint.|
|Do not place the television on an unstable table, stand or shelf. The set may fall, causing serious injury as well as damage to the television itself. If moving the television on a cart, move the unit with care as sudden stops and starts may cause the television to overturn.|
|Do not place this television near water, for example near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a damp basement etc.|
|When moving the television to a warm location from a cold location, allow some time for any dew or condensation inside the television to evaporate fully before you turn the unit on.|
|To prevent injury, the television must be securely attached to the floor/wall in accordance to the supplied installation instructions.|
Unplug the television from the power supply before cleaning. Do not use any liquid cleaners or harsh chemicals. Use a soft, damp cloth.
Specifications & Accessories
|Speakers||2 x 10W|
|HDMI||2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x HDMI 1.4|
|USB||1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0|
|VESA Wall Mount Pattern||200 x 200 | M6 Screw|
|Without Stand||1297 x 93 x 754mm|
|With Stand||1297 x 265 x 812mm|
|Computer Supported Resolutions||640 x 480 @ 60Hz, 800 x 600 @ 60Hz, 1024 x 768 @ 60Hz, 1360 x 768 @ 60Hz, 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, 3840 x 2160@ 60Hz|
|Native Aspect Ratio||16:9|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Response Time||9.5 ms|
|HDCP||2.2 (HDMI1 & 2)|
|TV Features||Smart TV|
|TV Features||VESA Mount Compatible|
|TV Features||Chromecast Built In|
|TV Features||Wi-Fi Connectivity|
|TV Features||USB Playback|
|TV Features||Android TV|
|TV Features||Google Play|
|TV Resolution||4K UHD|
|USB Media Playback||Yes|
|USB Media Playback Formats||TS, MPG, MP4, VOB, MKV, MOV, WMV, FLV, H.264, H.265, MPEG, Xvid|
|Optical Audio Out||1|
|CPU||ARM A53 QUAD CORE / 1.2GHz|
|Average Consumption||180 W|
|Energy Consumption||503 kWh per year|
|Energy Rating||3.5 Star|
|Standby Consumption||<1 W|
1 x Antenna jack
1 x Composite (CVBS) input 1 x AV input
3 x HDMI inputs
2 x USB inputs ( lx 2.0 & 1 x 3.0)
1 x Ethernet port
1 x Optical output
1 x 3.5mm port (service only)
CEC: HDMI 1 & HDMI 3
Unpacking a Installation
Note: Images for reference only
|1. Open package||2. Carefully remove||3. Install TV stands||4. Connect power cord|
If you need to remove or assemble the stand, please read the following:
- Before attaching/detaching the stand, be sure to turn the TV off.
- Before performing any work, spread cushioning out over the base area to lay the TV on. This will prevent it from being damaged.
Do not apply any pressure to the screen display area, which may compromise the integrity of the display. The Kogan warranty does not cover user abuse or other damage caused by improper installations.
- Place the TV unit face down on a soft, flat surface (blanket, foam, cloth etc..) to prevent any damage to the screen.
- Attach the stand to the bottom of the TV using the included screws.
Wall Mounting Instructions
We suggest that the TV is mounted with at least 10cm gap to the wall to prevent cable interference. Before mounting the TV to the wall, the stand must be removed (if it is in place).
To attach the wall mount to the TV:
- Remove the TV stand screws.
- Remove the stand from the TV.
- Secure the wall mount bracket to the back of the TV using four large screws. Follow the installation instructions of the TV mount itself.
- The wall mount bracket is not included with the TV.
- Please confirm that your wall has the strength to withstand the weight of the TV.
- Be careful not to scratch the panel and TV cabinet when you fasten the screws to the TV.
Note: Images for reference only
Turning the TV On
- Install the stand and place the TV on a solid surface.
- Ensure that the TV is place in a position which allows free flow of air. Do not cover any ventilation openings on the back cover.
- To prevent unsafe situations, no flame sources such as lit candles should be place on or near the TV.
- Avoid heat, direct sunlight and exposure to rain or water.
2. Connect the antenna cable to the ANT IN aerial socket on the back of the TV set.
3. Remove the battery compartment cover on the remote control and insert two AA batteries, taking note of the polarity markings.
4. Plug the TV power cord into a wall power outlet.
5. Turn the TV on by pressing on the remote control or the Power button on the back of the TV.
Playing from External devices
- Turn on the TV and the connected device.
- Press HOME and use the arrow buttons to scroll down to Inputs and select the appropriate one
° Select Channels to watch live TV from the RF input.
° Select HDMI1, HDMI2, or HDMI3 to play from a device connected to an HDMI input.
° Select Composite to play from a device connected to the COMPOSITE input.
- VOICE(): Start voice searching by talking to the TV.
- POWER(): Turn the TV on or standby.
- MUTE(): Mute or restore the sound.
- Number Buttons (0~9): Choose the channel directly.
- CH LIST: Access the channel list.
- SOURCE: Select the input source.
- HOME(): Enter the home page.
- MENU: Access the main menu.
- OK: Confirm the selection.
- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT ( ▼/▲/◄/►)Navigate the menu.
- BACK: Exit the current menu.
- EXIT: Exit the current operation.
- NETFLIX: Access the Netflix interface.
- Google Play: Access the Google Play.
- INFO (): Show the detailed information.
- Program Up/Down (P A/V)Change to the next or previous program.
- Volume Up/Down (V +/-)Increase or decrease the sound volume.
- USB Play Control Buttons
Play & Pause (► & II) Press II button to pause the playback, or enable Time-shift function while viewing a DTV program. Press ► button to continue playback.
Stop (■): Stop the playback.
Fast Backward (◄◄): Fast backward the playback.
Fast Forward (►►): Fast forward the playback.
- GUIDE (EPG): Access the EPG interface in DTV mode.
- Subtitle: Open or close the subtitle.
- Color Buttons (RED/GREEN/YELLOW/BLUE) Execute the prompt function in specific mode.
- NICAM l/ll: Select the desired sound output depending on the broadcasting channel.
- FAV: View your assigned favorite channels.
- AD: Turn on the function of audio description.
- Teletext Buttons:
TEXT: Enter or exit the teletext menu.
SIZE: Enlarge the teletext display.
SUB-PAGE: Enter or exit subpage mode. (if subpage is available)
HOLD: Hold the teletext page on screen without update and changes.
INDEX: Display index page.
REVEAL: Display concealed information.
MIX: Superimpose the teletext over the TV program.
CANCEL: Return to TV program temporarily while searching for a Teletext page.
Important: make sure all relevant equipment is connected properly before connecting the unit to a wall power socket and turning on the power.
Powering the TV
To turn the power ON or OFF:
- Plug the power cord into a suitable power point, then turn the power on at the outlet.
- Press the POWER/STANDBY button on the right lower side of the back panel (or on the remote control, making sure to aim it at the sensor at the front of the TV); the indicator will glow green. Press it again to power off (standby mode), and the indicator will glow red.
When you switch on the TV for the first time, the First Time Setup menu will be displayed on the screen, as illustrated below.
- Select Language: you can then proceed with standard setup or choose to set up with your phone/tablet.
- Follow the prompts to set up: Wi-Fi network + Password, sign into your Google Account and accept the Terms of Service, select a Region and scanning for Channels:
- When auto-searching is complete, Setup will be complete
To access the TV menu, press the Home button.
Here you can select Apps, Inputs and Settings.
System settings are available in the Settings app. Network configuration options are in Network Settings. Live TV Settings contains options for Video, Audio, TV, Setup and Parental (default password 0-0-0-0).
E-Manual is a built in application that has information on how to use all functions of the Kogan Smarter TV.
E-Manual can be accessed from the HOME screen by first pressing the HOME button on the remote.
At the HOME screen E-manual is listed in the applications towards the top of the screen. Navigate to the application using the arrows on your remote and then press OK to enter E-Manual.
Navigating the application can be done using the arrows on the remote and pressing OK to enter a selected section. Kogan Smarter TV E-Manual
To return to the previous page press BACK on the remote.
To exit E-Manual press EXIT or the HOME button on the remote to return to the HOME screen.
Refer to the video below for a visual guide on using the E-Manual application.
To control the TV with your voice, you will need to first pair the remote to the TV over Bluetooth.
Press and hold the Left + Home buttons to enter pairing mode, then navigate to the Accessories option in the Settings app. Press OK on the remote to pair with the remote once detected.
USB Media Playback
To play back media from USB, insert a USB flash drive. You will first see a notification with the option to browse or set up as device storage.
Select browse to view USB storage. You can also find USB storage under Inputs.
The TV can play back Video, Photo, Audio and Text media.
Over the Air Software Updates
If you have any problems with your television, please check the suggested solutions below, as these issues may be caused by improper adjustment/setup rather than a malfunction with the unit. If the problem persists, please contact the Kogan customer support team.
Poor picture and sound quality
• Try a different channel
• Adjust the antenna
• Check all connections
No picture or sound in TV status
• Try another channel
• Press the TV/AV button
• Make sure TV is plugged in
• Check the antenna connection
No sound, or sound is too low at maximum volume
• Check the volume settings on any external speakers connected to your television
• Adjust the TV volume accordingly
• Check that MUTE hasn't been turned on
No colour, wrong colour or tints
• Make sure the program itself is broadcast in colour
• Select the picture menu, then adjust the colour and tint submenus
Picture rolls vertically
• Check all connections
Blurred or snowy picture, distorted sound
• Check direction, location and connections to your antenna
• Issues may be caused by use of an indoor antenna
Remote control malfunctions
• Replace remote control batteries
• Check battery terminals
• Remote is out of range, move closer to TV
• Confirm there is no obstructions between remote and TV
• Make sure power cord is plugged in
Image is not centered on the screen
• Adjust the horizontal and vertical position