Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
General Safety Instructions
Risk of electric shock. DO NOT OPEN! Do not attempt to service the television yourself, as opening or removing the covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to the Kogan customer support team.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this product to rain or moisture. The television should not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no liquid filled objects such as vases should be placed on the case.
In the event of smoke, strange noises or a strange smell from the unit, you should follow these steps:
|Never push objects of any kind into the set through the cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-circuit parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill any liquids onto the set. Use special caution in households where children are present. The television is not suitable for children under 4 years old to operate.|
Power supply cords should be routed safely to prevent dangers due to damaged cords. The mains plug is the main disconnect method, so it should be easily accessible and not be obstructed during use.
|To avoid fires, no naked flame sources such as lit candles or burning incense should be placed onto the casing of the television.|
|Do not pull the plug out of a power outlet by pulling on the power cable. Always grasp the plug and pull. Never touch the plug with wet hands.|
|An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits, as contact with them may be fatal.|
|Always turn the set off when it is not being used. Unplug the television from the power outlet when it will not be used for a long time or when there is an electrical storm. Never touch the antenna cable during a lightning storm.|
|Excessive volume from earphones and headphones can cause permanent hearing loss. Always monitor the volume of noise from these devices, especially when children are using them.|
|Ventilation should not be impeded or limited by covering the ventilation slots with items such as newspapers, tablecloths, curtains etc. At least 10cm of space should be left around the apparatus for sufficient ventilation.|
|The television should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, stoves or other products that produce heat. Place the television in a position where the screen is not exposed to direct sunlight. It is best to have soft indirect lighting while watching and you should avoid a completely dark viewing environment and reflections to avoid eye fatigue. Keep the product away from high magnetic fields (such as near an amplifier speaker) to avoid affecting the tint.|
|Do not place the television on an unstable table, stand or shelf. The set may fall, causing serious injury as well as damage to the television itself. If moving the television on a cart, move the unit with care as sudden stops and starts may cause the television to overturn.|
|Do not place this television near water, for example near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, swimming pool or in a damp basement etc.|
|When moving the television to a warm location from a cold location, allow some time for any dew or condensation inside the television to evaporate fully before you turn the unit on.|
|To prevent injury, the television must be securely attached to the floor/wall in accordance to the supplied installation instructions.|
Unplug the television from the power supply before cleaning. Do not use any liquid cleaners or harsh chemicals. Use a soft, damp cloth.
Smart TV Applications & Features
2.Network connection (Wired/Wi-Fi)
5.Netflix, YouTube, Twitter; Facebook, AccuWeather, Multiscreen
1. Home page
Press Arrow buttons to selected “INPUT” menu. These options for you to select: DTV, ATV, HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, COMPONENT, AV, PC. Use ▲/▼ key to move the cursor to the input you desired and press OK key to confirm.
2. Network connection (Wired/ Wi-Fi)
Press the "Menu" to enter, then pitch on the "Network", and press "OK" or click the right button to enter the submenu.
You can set up your TV so that it can access the Internet through your local area network (LAN) using a wired or wireless connection.
Connecting to a Wired Network
You can attach your TV to your LAN using cable in three ways:
- Connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an external modem using a Cat 5 cable.
- Connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV to an IP Sharer which is connected to an external modem using a Cat 5 cable.
- Depending on how your network is configured, you may be able to connect your TV to your LAN by connecting the LAN port on the back of your TV directly to a network wall outlet using a Cat 5 cable. Note that the wall outlet is attached to a modem or router elsewhere in your house.
If you have a Dynamic Network, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you don’t have to enter them manually.
Most home networks are Dynamic Networks. Some networks require a Static IP address.
If your network requires a Static IP address, you must enter the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values manually on your TV’s Cable Setup Screen when you set up the network connection.
To get the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS values, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you have a Windows computer, you can also get these values through your computer.
Wired Network Setup
Set up a Wired connection automatically
Use the Automatic Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that supports DHCP.
1. Connect your TV to your LAN as described in the previous section.
2. Turn on your TV, press the MENU button on your remote, use the ▲ / ▼ buttons to select Network.
3. Press the OK or ► button to enter. Then press the ◄ / ► button to select the Network type as ' Wired '.
4. Select Configuration Settings. Then press the OK button to proceed to the next menu.
5. Set Network Config, type to 'DHCP’.
6. Select Connect and press OK to connect the internet. The TV will automatically pick up network information and connect. You will see an 'OK' confirmation once connected.
Set up a Wired connection manually
Use the Manual Network Setup when connecting your TV to a network that
requires a Static IP address.
1. Follow steps 1-4 in the "How to set up automatically" procedure.
2. Set Network Config, type to 'Static’.
3. Press the ◄ / ► button to highlight the field you want to change, and then use the number buttons on the remote control or on-screen to input the network parameters, such as IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS1 and DNS2. Press the MENU button to return.
4. When done, select Connect and press OK to connect the internet.
NOTE: IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS address field numbers must be between 0 and 255. If you manually set the IP address, you must not use the same IP address for any other device.
Tips for Network Connection:
- Use a standard LAN cable (Cat 5 or better with a RJ45 connector).
- Many network connection problems during set up can often be fixed by re-setting the router or modem. After connecting the TV to the home network, quickly power off and/or disconnect the home network router or cable modem. Then power on and/or connect it again.
Wireless Network Setup
You can connect your TV to your LAN through a standard wireless router or modem.
Wireless Wireless Network Setup Network Configuration
Most wireless network systems incorporate a security system that requires devices that access the network through an access point or wireless router (typically a wireless IP Sharer) to transmit an encrypted security code called an access key.
How to set up WiFi:
1. Turn on your TV, press the MENU button on your remote, use the ▲ / ▼ buttons to select Network, and then press the OK button.
2. Press the ▲ / ▼ button to select Network, and then press the ◄ / ► button to select Wi-Fi.
3. Select Wi-Fi Config. Then press the OK button to proceed to the next menu.
4. Select 'Base Station' then press the OK button. The Network function searches for available wireless networks. When done, it displays a list of the available networks.
5. In the list of networks, press the ▲ / ▼ button to select a network, and then press the OK button.
6. Enter your network’s password using the on-screen keyboard. Use the ▲ / ▼ / ◄ / ► buttons on the remote control to select a character and press OK to enter it.
7. Input the correct password and select Connect and press the OK button to connect to the network.
Add: You can also add a WiFi network manually by selecting Add others.
- Press the ▲ / ▼ buttons to select Add, then press the OK button.
- Follow the displayed messages below the menu to input the network name, encryption mode and network password, and then press ▲ / ▼ buttons to select ‘Connect’. The system starts to search wireless routing and connect.
- When the network is connected, the current wireless network will be added into the list of wireless networks.
WOW: Switch the WOW on or off.
If your TV fails to connect to the internet:
- Your TV may not be able to connect to the internet because your ISP has permanently registered the MAC address (a unique identifying number) of your PC or modem, which it then authenticates each time you connect to the internet as a way of preventing unauthorized access. As your TV has a different MAC address, your ISP can not authenticate its MAC address, and your TV cannot connect.
- To resolve this problem, ask your ISP about the procedures required to connect devices other than a PC (such as your TV) to the internet.
- If your internet service provider requires an ID or password to connect to the internet, your TV may not be able to connect to the internet.
- The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case, contact your Internet service provider.
- Press "▼/▲" key to select "Option".
- Press "►" or "OK" key to confirm.
- Press "Yes" to confirm again, TV will turn off automatically and change all setting to factory setting.
4. Software Update
When the TV need to be updated, please copy the new software to a USB storage and inset the USB storage to TV, then operating by following steps.
- Press "▲/▼" key to select “Upgrade"option.
- Press "►" or "OK" key to confirm.
- Press "Yes" to confirm again, the TV will update by USB, Please wait a few minutes and don't turn off the power, it will turn off automatically when updating is finished.
5. Netflix, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, AccuWeather, Multiscreen
Press SOURCE () button on the remote to display the home main interface. Then use the Arrow buttons to select the desired APP and press OK button to view. Or press the hotkey on the remote control to enter the desired APP directly.
1.Use arrow key to Select button, then press "OK" key to enter NETFLIX.
2.Use arrow button to select one video and press "OK" key to play. Press " MENU" key to exit playing
3.Use arrow key to browse the pages, press " MENU" key to return to main menu and press " EXIT" key to exit.
1.Use arrow key to Select , then press "OK" key to enter Youtube.
2.Use arrow button to select one video and press "OK" key to play.
3.Press ▼ key to open or close control menu when playing.
1. Use arrow key to Select , then press "OK" key to enter Twitter.
2. Input the right Email and password, then select "Authorize app" button and press "OK" key to log in.
3. Use arrow key to browse the pages.
Press "MENU" key to return to main menu and Press "Exit" to exit twitter.
Red key: log in or log out twitter.
Green key: refresh current page.
Yellow key: write new tweet.
Blue key: Search tweet.
1. Use arrow key to Select , then press "OK" key to enter Facebook.
2. Input the right Email and password, select "log In" button, then press "OK" key to log in.
3. Use arrow key to browse the pages and press "OK" Key to view.
Press "MENU" key to return to main menu.
Press "Exit" to exit Facebook.
Red key: log in or log out Facebook.
Green key: refresh current page.
1. Use arrow key to Select , then press "OK" key to enter AccuWeather.
2. Input a city or zip code press select to get the weather information.
- If there is any difference between an APP interface in this operating manual and the final product, the actual display shall prevail.
- The videos list searched from the TV may different with the list searched from a web browser on PC.
- These services are provided by separate Content Provider. Please visit the content providers web site for specific information on their services.