Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product or any part of this product shows any signs of damage: discontinue use and contact Kogan.com support.
- Read all instructions before using the product and retain for reference.
- Before use, please be thoroughly familiar with the controls and proper use of the extension ladder. Please learn how to open, close, and use the ladder prior to use.
- This product is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This product is designed for consumer use only: follow directions and use only as described.
- The extension ladder is designed to sustain a maximum load of 150kg.
- The ladder must be used on a flat and firm level surface.
- Exercise caution at all times when using the ladder to avoid slips and falls.
- Never use the ladder when under the influence of alcohol or medication or if you are tired or ill.
- This product contains no user-serviceable parts. If it suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support after consulting the Troubleshooting section of this manual.
Please refer to the above illustration to set up the ladder.
Opening the ladder to full length:
- Make sure to place the extension ladder on a firm level surface before trying to open it and set it up.
- During opening, stabilise the ladder with one foot placed on the lower step (shown in illustration 6).
- Open the ladder from the top by gripping the top step with both hands.
- Extend the top section fully, and then extend subsequent sections fully (shown in illustration 7).
- Meanwhile, please check both locking levers, which must be in a locked position (shown in illustration 5).
- Continue opening section by section, until the ladder is opened to its full length (shown in illustration 2).
Prior to use, please ensure that the locking levers are in the locked position.
On every step, there is one plug pin and plastic locking lever on both sides.
Make sure that the plug pin is inserted completely in the step and the plastic locking lever is in the lock position (shown in illustration 5), which indicates that the section is locked.
Thereafter, you will be able to use the ladder.
Opening the ladder to any intermediate length:
- Please follow the steps for opening the ladder to full length, ensuring that the ladder is placed on a flat and stable surface prior to use.
- Referring to illustrations 8, 9, and 3, extend the ladder at your desired length.
- Please ensure the steps are locked before attempting to climb the ladder.
Closing the ladder:
- Make sure to place the extension ladder on a firm and level surface before trying to close it. Hold the ladder in an upright position.
- With one hand, grip firmly one of the vertical telescopic rails. With the other hand, control the plastic locking lever.
- Push the plastic locking lever inside until the locking mechanism is released and the ladder can be closed. Close the ladder section by section from the top to the bottom (shown in illustration 10).
- Close the ladder from the bottom by pushing the plastic locking lever inward with both hands. Please do this very carefully according to illustration 11 to avoid getting your hands caught as the ladder closes.
- Close the bottom section fully and move on to other sections. Continue closing each section until the ladder is closed (shown in illustration 1).
- Please only attempt this method of closing the ladder if the ladder is on a flat and stable surface and there is no risk of the ladder falling or turning over during closing.
Note: To avoid getting your hands trapped or caught in the ladder, do not put your hands in between steps whilst closing the ladder (shown in illustration 12).
How to use the ladder:
In the interest of safety, please take care at all times when using the ladder and exercise common sense.
- The ladder is intended for use at an angle of 75 degrees to flat ground, shown in illustration 13.
- The maximum working load for the ladder is 150kg, shown in illustration 14. Please do not exceed this weight.
- The ladder must only be used on a flat and firm level surface.
- The ladder must not be used if any of the plug pins are not completely inserted into each step or if the locking lever is not in the locked position.
- The ladder must only be used with uniform distances between each step. Do not use the ladder if there are irregularly spaced steps (shown in illustration 15).
- Avoid using the ladder in locations such as water-filled wells, as this may result in a malfunction whereby dirt and water ingress into the ladder’s telescopic components. This will damage the ladder and inhibit proper usage.
- Avoid subjecting the ladder to knocks or rough treatment, as damage to the telescopic components will directly affect the extension of the ladder.
- Always transport the ladder in a folded position. This will protect the integrity of the telescopic components of the ladder.
- The ladder must not be used when hanging from the top rung.
- Do not open, close, or use the ladder when upside down.
- The ladder must not be used in a horizontal position, such as resting on a step or saw horse. In an emergency situation, the ladder can be used as a stretcher if extended to a maximum length of approximately 2 metres.
Care and Maintenance
- The extension tubes must be kept clean. Dirt, filings, paint spots, glue etc. must be wiped away after use and before the ladder is closed. Also wipe the steps of the ladder.
- For liquid cleaners, use a small quantity on a piece of soft tissue or cloth.
- After cleaning the ladder, the telescopic components must be treated with silicon spray, by opening all sections of the ladder, spraying the tubes and wiping them dry with paper or cloth. The ladder always must be dry.
- The plastic end caps should always be in place to prevent the ingress of dirt, filings, etc. into the telescopic components and causing damage.
- If damaged, do not use the ladder; contact Kogan.com support to arrange for repairs to be carried out.
- The ladder must not be used without these parts the rubber feet and the plastic end caps.