Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
General Safety Instructions
|Speakers||2 x 12W|
|HDMI-CEC||Yes: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3|
|VESA Wall Mount Pattern||400 x 300|
|Without Stand||1677.8 x 961 x 93.9mm|
|With Stand||1677.8 x 1019.9 x 335mm|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160|
|Response Time||8 ms|
|USB Media Playback Formats||MPEG4, MPEG2, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, H.265, MVC, WMV, VC1, MPEG 1/2, AC3, EAC3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, GIF, PNG, BMP|
|CPU||ARM A53 Quad Core / 1.2 Ghz|
|Average Consumption||290W W|
|Standby Consumption||< 1 W|
- Remote Control + Batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Stand & Screws
- Power Cord
Stand Assembly / Wall Mounting
Before attaching/detaching the stand, be sure to turn the TV off.
Place the TV unit face down on a soft, flat surface (blanket, foam, cloth etc..) to prevent any damage to the screen.
- Place the TV unit face down on a soft, flat surface (blanket, foam, cloth etc..) to prevent any damage to the screen (fig.1).
- Attach the stand to the bottom of the TV using the included screws (fig.2 & fig.3).
Note: The diagram above is for illustration purposes only and the actual appearance of the product may differ.
- Remove the TV stand screws.
- Remove the stand from the TV.
- Secure the wall mount bracket to the back of the TV using four large screws. Follow the installation instructions of the TV mount itself
- The diagram above is for illustration purposes only and the actual appearance of the product may differ.
- Confirm that your wall has the strength to withstand the weight of the TV.
- Be careful not to scratch the panel and TV cabinet when you fasten the screws to the TV.
Turning the TV on
- Install the stand and place the TV on a solid surface.
- Ensure that the TV is place in a position which allows free flow of air. Do not cover any ventilation openings on the back cover.
- To prevent unsafe situations, no flame sources such as lit candles should be place on or near the TV.
- Avoid heat, direct sunlight and exposure to rain or water.
- Connect the antenna cable to the ANT IN aerial socket on the back of the TV set.
- Remove the battery compartment cover on the remote control and insert two AA batteries, taking note of the polarity markings.
- Plug the TV power cord into a wall power outlet.
- Turn the TV on by pressing .on the remote control or the POWER button on the back of the TV.
External Connections & Controls
Playing from External devices
- Turn on the TV and the connected device.
- Press HOME and use the arrow buttons to scroll down to Inputs and select the appropriate one.
- Select Channels to watch live TV from the RF input.
- Select HDMI1, HDMI2, or HDMI3 to play from a device connected to an an HDMI input.
- Select Composite to play from a device connected to the COMPOSITE input.
Important: make sure all relevant equipment is connected properly before connecting the unit to a wall power socket and turning on the power.
Press the middle button:
1. In standby mode, press it to turn on the TV.
2. In working status:
- Short press it to access the source menu.
- Short press it again to select the desired source.
- Long press it to turn the TV to standby.
- Push left: decrease volume.
- Push right: increase volume.
- Push forward: channel down.
- Push backward: channel up.
First Time Setup
When you switch on the TV for the first time, the First Time Setup menu will be displayed on the screen, as illustrated below.
- Select Language: you can then proceed with standard setup or choose to set up with your phone/tablet.
- Follow the prompts to set up: Wi-Fi network + Password, sign into your Google Account and accept the Terms of Service, select a Region and scanning for Channels:
- When auto-searching is complete, Setup will be complete.
To access the TV menu, press the Home button.
Here you can select Apps, Inputs and Settings.
System settings are available in the Settings app. Network configuration options are in Network Settings. Live TV Settings contains options for Video, Audio, TV, Setup and Parental (default password 0-0-0-0).
E-Manual is a built in application that has information on how to use all functions of the Kogan Smarter TV.
E-Manual can be accessed from the HOME screen by first pressing the HOME button on the remote.
At the HOME screen E-manual is listed in the applications towards the top of the screen. Navigate to the application using the arrows on your remote and then press OK to enter E-Manual.
Navigating the application can be done using the arrows on the remote and pressing OK to enter a selected section. Kogan Smarter TV E-Manual
To return to the previous page press BACK on the remote.
To exit E-Manual press EXIT or the HOME button on the remote to return to the HOME screen.
Refer to the video below for a visual guide on using the E-Manual application.
Bluetooth & Voice Command
To control the TV with your voice, you will need to first pair the remote to the TV over Bluetooth:
- Press and hold the Left + Home buttons to enter pairing mode, then navigate to the Accessories option in the Settings app. Press OK on the remote to pair with the remote once detected.
USB Media Playback
To play back media from USB, insert a USB flash drive. You will first see a notification with the option to browse or set up as device storage.
Select browse to view USB storage. You can also find USB storage under Inputs.
The TV can play back Video, Photo, Audio and Text media.
Over the Air Software Updates
Please refer to the 'TV Troubleshooting Guide' for further assistance.
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Support Team with any queries - please note that a photo or video of the issue can assist with identifying and resolving the issue.