A hard reset can often fix many types of software performance issues such as battery life issues, freezing, overheating and other software glitches.
Please be aware that this process will erase any user data and applications currently stored on the unit, so ensure that you have backed up any important files first.
Follow the steps below to perform the reset:
- With the phone/tablet powered off, press and hold the Volume Down and the Power buttons at the same time until the device turns on. You will see the word 'Start' with an arrow around it.
- Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight 'Recovery mode'.
- Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to 'Wipe data/factory reset' and press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to 'Yes - erase all user data' and press the Power button to select. The phone will reset and start up again.
If at any point during the above steps your phone/tablet becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for several seconds.
If you continue to have any issues, please feel free to contact our Support Team for further assistance.