We have a 'two' Stuck Pixel Guarantee. Under this policy, we will replace the LED/LCD TV within the first two weeks if it has more than two stuck pixels (these are either white, green, red or blue).
Where an LED TV, Monitor or Digital Photo Frame shows one or more dead pixels (these are best seen on a white background and they don't have any colour), within the first 12 months after delivery, this will be considered a fault for the purposes of our Warranties. Where an LED TV, Monitor or Digital Photo Frame shows three or more stuck pixels (these are either white, green, red or blue), within the first 7 days after delivery, this will be considered a fault for the purposes of our Warranties.
Stuck pixels tend to go away with time and there are a few techniques you could try to get rid of them.
Please visit the links below as they will be able to explain what a stuck pixel is and how to try and fix them:
We recommend you try Jscreenfix
We also have a small video file you can play back on your TV in order to try and fix your stuck pixels.
Please follow the instructions below to try this solution:
1. Visit the following link to begin downloading the movie file: http://bit.ly/1bU0Z88
2. Once the download has finished, please then put the movie file onto a USB storage device.
3. Plug the USB storage device into your TV.
4. Select 'Source' on your remote and navigate to the 'Media' selection.
5. Select the 'Movie' option. You should then be able to view the 'Stuck Pixel Fix' video file on your TV.
6. Select the movie, and play the video file for the duration of the video, being careful not to pause or interrupt playback.
7. Please play the movie 5-6 times.
This should free any stuck pixels on your panel, and you should be able to resume normal viewing once you have followed the steps above.