Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
General Safety Instructions
Display Screen Size
1920 x 1080
Wall Mount Pattern 300 x 200
Wall Mount Screw Size
TV Receive System
PAL/SECAM: BG, DK, I DVB-T
DTV: 5-12, 21-69
Antenna Input Impedance
Speaker Output Power
2 x 8W
Remote Power Input
DC 3V (Two AAA batteries)
0°C ~ 40°C
If you need to remove or assemble the stand, please read the following:
- Before attaching/detaching the stand, be sure to turn the TV off.
- Before performing any work, spread cushioning out over the base area to lay the TV on. This will prevent it from being damaged.
For instructions on wall mounting, refer to the instructions which came with your mount. Ensure the installation location is secure and can bear the weight of the TV and connected accessories.
The physical buttons on the TV control your TV's basic functions, including the on-screen menu. To use the more advanced features, you must use the remote control.
Accessing Freeview Plus Programs
Accessing catch-up programs on your Smart TV does not require any apps to be downloaded.
To use Freeview Plus on your TV, simply navigate to the channel on which you wish to view previous programs.
When you select the channel, it will list all Freeview Plus TV options in the top left of your screen with a corresponding coloured button.
Pressing this coloured button, located at the bottom of your remote, will bring up the entire Freeview Plus guide available for this station.
Please refer to the above diagram for your remote for reference to these coloured buttons (point 6).
From here, you can select any program available and it will stream the show to your TV.
Antenna input impedance of this unit is 75ohm. VHF/UHF 75ohm coaxial cable can be connected to the antenna jack directly. If the antenna cable is 300ohm parallel flat feeder cable, you will need to use the 300ohm/75ohm converter to connect the antenna cable to the antenna jack. For details, see below.
Antenna with 300ohm flat twin leads
Antenna with 75ohm round leads
Upon first use, the channel tuning option will appear (see Channel Tuning below).
Follow the prompts, then connect your TV to a network (see Network Connection below).
Auto Tuning: Press the OK button to enter sub-menu.
- Tuning Type: Press the up and down buttons to select from DTV+ATV, DTV or ATV.
(Note: ATV broadcasting in Australia has ceased)
- Country: Press up and down to select country.
- Search: Press the button to begin auto tuning.
A progress bar will be displayed as the TV scans. Once completed, the channels will be stored and the unit will proceed to the search for DTV channels, Radio and Data.
Press the Menu button to skip.
Manual Tuning: Press the OK button to enter sub-menu.
- Press the left and right buttons to select channels.
- Press the OK button to start channel tuning. When a channel is found, the channel will be saved with the current channel number. Press the Exit button to quit.
Home Page & Input Navigation
Press arrow buttons to selected SOURCES (HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, AV, PC), Media or a smart TV application. Press OK to confirm.
Press the “Menu” to enter Settings, navigate to ”Network” and press “OK" or press the right arrow button to enter.
You can connect your TV to your local area network (LAN) using a wired or wireless connection.
Wired is preferred as it offers a faster and more consistent connection to your network.
If you have a Dynamic Network, you should use an ADSL modem or router that supports Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Modems and routers that support DHCP automatically provide the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values your TV needs to access the Internet so you don’t have to enter them manually.
Most home networks are Dynamic Networks. Some networks require a Static IP address. If your network requires a Static IP address, you must enter the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS values manually on your TV’s Cable Setup Screen when you set up the network connection.
To get the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS values, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you have a Windows computer, you can also get these values through your computer.
Wired Network Setup
- Simply connect a Cat 5 Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the back of your TV. This cable can be connected directly to your router or to an extension/hub or other access point.
- Select "Wired" in the network type option and follow the prompts.
Wireless Network Setup (Wi-Fi)
- Select "Wi-Fi" in the network type option
- Select your network, and then press OK.
- Enter your network’s password using the on-screen keyboard.
If your TV fails to connect to the internet
- Your TV may not be able to connect to the internet because your ISP has permanently registered the MAC address (a unique identifying number) of your PC or modem, which it then authenticates each time you connect to the internet as a way of preventing unauthorized access. As your TV has a different MAC address, your ISP can not authenticate its MAC address, and your TV cannot connect.
- To resolve this problem, ask your ISP about the procedures required to connect devices other than a PC (such as your TV) to the internet.
- The internet connection may fail because of a firewall problem. If this is the case,
contact your ISP.
To update the TV's software, obtain the upgrade file and double-check that it matches the product code of the TV EXACTLTY. Contact Kogan Support if you are at all unsure.
Copy the file to a completely empty USB 2.0 flash drive with 32GB or less storage capacity and insert it into the TV.
Updating Through Menu
This is the easiest and best method to install a software update file.
- Press the Menu button and use up or down button to select Option and then "Upgrade".
- Press right or OK to confirm.
- Press "Yes" to confirm again and the TV will will run the software update from the USB. Do not turn off the power while this is in progress.
The TV will turn off automatically to complete the process.
Updating on Startup
If you cannot install the update as usual due to a software issue, follow these steps:
- Turn the TV off at the power switch.
- Insert USB 2.0 flash drive.
- Turn the TV on at the power switch.
- Hold down the power button on the TV until a blue screen appears with a progress bar and the TV will install the software update. Do not turn off the power while this is in progress.
NOTE: The TV may appear "frozen" on a particular percentage for several minutes. Do not restart the TV unless it is paused for more than 20 minutes.
To restore the factory default settings:
- Press the Menu button and use up or down button to select Option and then "Restore Factory Default".
- Press right or OK to confirm.
- Press "Yes" to confirm again. The TV will turn off automatically and load the default settings when it next starts up.
If you have any problems with your television, please check the suggested solutions below, as these issues may be caused by improper adjustment/setup rather than a malfunction with the unit. If the problem persists, please contact the Kogan customer support team.
Poor picture and sound quality
Try a different channel
Adjust the antenna
Check all connections
No picture or sound in TV status
Try another channel
Press the TV/AV button
Make sure TV is plugged in
Check the antenna connection
No sound, or sound is too low at maximum volume
Check the volume settings on any external speakers connected to your television
Adjust the TV volume accordingly
Check that MUTE hasn't been turned on
No colour, wrong colour or tints
Make sure the program itself is broadcast in colour
Select the picture menu, then adjust the colour submenu
Picture rolls vertically
Check all connections
Blurred or snowy picture, distorted sound
Check direction, location and connections to your antenna
Issues may be caused by use of an indoor antenna
Remote control malfunctions
Replace remote control batteries
Check battery terminals
Remote is out of range, move closer to TV
Confirm there is no obstructions between remote and TV
Make sure power cord is plugged in
Image is not centered on the screen
Adjust the horizontal and vertical position
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact the Kogan.com customer support team.