A hard reset can often fix many types of software performance issues, such as battery life issues, freezing, overheating and other software glitches.
Please be aware that this process will erase any user data and applications currently stored on the unit, so ensure any important files are backed up first.
Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset:
- Hold down the Power key to switch off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons for 3 - 5 seconds.
- When the Mi Logo appears on your screen, release the Power key only, and keep holding the Volume Up key until the Recovery Mode appears.
- Select 'English' using the Volume keys to browse and then the Power button to select.
- Select 'Wipe Reset' by using Volume Down to scroll and Power button to confirm.
- Select 'Wipe All Data', use Volume buttons to navigate to this option and the Power key to select.
- Confirm the whole process by selecting 'Yes'.
Your phone will restart once the procedure has been completed.
If you continue to have any issues, please feel free to contact our Support Team for further assistance.