To set up the Kogan Wireless N router, you can use the following instructions in conjunction with the user manual:
1. Power up the unit. Do not connect your modem yet, since it may clash with the router.
2. Connect to the "Wireless N" network wirelessly via your computer.
3. If it asks you "do you want to set up your network", click "Connect to the Network without setting it up."
4. If Windows asks for the type of network, select 'Home' network if you plan to use it for your personal, private network.
5. Choose what you would like to share, if anything, otherwise click Cancel.
6. Open your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
7. Go to the router's address to log in - http://192.168.0.1
8. The username and password are both 'admin'.
9. When prompted, start the Setup Wizard.
10. For normal use, choose the 'Gateway' Operation Mode.
11. If you want your router to get it's time automatically over the internet, enable NTP Client Update and select the appropriate information.
12. On the LAN interface setup screen, change the IP address to a different number, such as 192.168.0.2, so it won't clash with your modem.
13. Your WAN interface type can stay as DHCP Client.
14. On Basic Wireless settings, just change "SSID" to whatever you want the Wireless Network's name to be.
15. On Wireless Security settings, change the encryption to 'WPA2 (AES)' and put the password you would like in the 'Pre-Shared Key" box. This is the password all Wi-Fi users need to join the network.
16. Hit 'Finish', and you will be prompted to login to the router with admin again.
17. Using the menu on the left hand side, go to Management -> Password
18. Put 'admin' as the username, and then enter the password you wish to use in both boxes. This is the password for logging into the router.
19. Once the router restarts (it will do this automatically), you will need to enter this to login.
20. Plug your modem into the WLAN (blue) port on the router, and it should now connect to the internet.
If you are still experiencing issues after this set up, please contact our Support team below and supply them with any relevant screenshots so we can assist you further.