To fix the wireless problems you are experiencing, update the BIOS on your Kogan Atlas laptop using the instructions below:
1) Ensure the laptop is connected to power.
2) Download the following file: Wireless BIOS Update
3) Unzip all files directly onto a USB memory stick, ensuring that the USB is formatted as FAT32.
(The following link explains how to correctly do this: USB Formatting Guide)
4) Ensure that the USB is plugged into the blue USB 3.0 Port on the left-hand side of the laptop.
5) Press the Windows Key + '' at the same time, this will open a settings menu on the right side of your screen.
Click 'Change PC Settings' at the bottom of this menu.
6) Over the next few menus, please choose the following options:
-> Update and recovery
-> Advanced start-up
-> Restart now
-> Advanced options
-> UEFI Firmware Settings
7) Once restarted, the laptop will enter the grey and blue BIOS Menu.
Press the right arrow (â–º) on your keyboard until 'Save & Exit' at the top of the screen is highlighted.
8) Press the down arrow (â–¼) on your keyboard until 'UEFI: Generic Flash Disk' is selected, under the 'Boot Override' options.
The exact name of this option may vary depending on the USB you use.
9) Press 'Enter'. This will launch the EFI and update the BIOS on your device.
Once the update is complete, the laptop will automatically turn off.