Do I need this to be professionally installed?
- You will need to have an electrician to wire the unit up and a plumber or an electrician who has a refrigeration licence to install the unit correctly.
When I first turn the unit on it doesn't get cold
- The unit will take about 5 minutes to engage the compressor, after this it will start to blow out cold air. This is just part of the unit's start-up procedure.
I can feel cold air coming out of the unit but the room is not getting any colder
- Make sure you have closed all the windows and doors in surrounding rooms. The unit recirculates the air and cools it down; if any windows or doors are open it will reduce the efficiency of the unit.
What does the sleep function do?
- Once activated the unit will go into a slow shutdown procedure. The temperature will slowly increase or decrease depending if in heat or cool mode. It will change temperature at 1 degree per hour, after 5 hours the unit will shut off.
There is no display on the indoor unit
- Press the LED button on the remote, this will activate the LED display on the indoor unit.
My unit won't turn on
- Check the powerpoint and make sure it is turned on.
- Change remote batteries to make sure remote is operational.
My unit is not getting cold
- Make sure the unit is set to 'Cool'. A snowflake symbol will appear next to 'Cool' on the remote.
- If ambient temperature is lower then the temperature set on the unit, the compressor will not engage and the unit will just circulate the air.
My unit is not getting hot
- Make sure the unit is set to 'Heat'. A sun symbol will appear next to 'Heat' on the remote.
- If the ambient temperature is hotter then the temperature set on the unit, the compressor will not engage and the unit will just circulate the air.
The swing function isn't working
- Hold down the swing button on the remote for 3 seconds, this will engage the swing function. Short presses will just lower the louver slightly.
My Unit is displaying 'EC', what does this mean?
- If the display is showing 'EC' this means it has detected a leakage in the gas lines. Contact a tradesman to check over the lines for any leakages.
What refrigerant do Kogan Air Conditioners use?
- R410a, a mixture of difluoromethane and pentafluoroethane.