Though we would always prefer that a TV is returned in the original packaging, we also appreciate that this is not always feasible depending on how long you have had the product.
If you don't have suitable packaging, please let us know as damage resulting from insufficient packaging may result in denial of warranty.
This guide is intended to assist in preparing a TV for return when the original packaging is unavailable in order to avoid damage occurring to the product whilst it is in transit.
Simple factors such as detaching the TV’s feet/stand, not placing the accessories or power plug on the screen and using sufficient packaging materials can all be utilised with appropriate preparation to ensure the safe transit of your product.
Ensure you have appropriate packaging materials
In order to properly package your TV for transport without the original box, you will need the following materials:
- A flat-screen TV box as close to the correct size of your unit as possible.
- Bubble wrap.
- Small plastic bag for accessories.
Please refer to the following link if you need to purchase packaging: https://theboxman.com.au/product-category/tv-boxes/
Never place the accessories (legs, screws and remote) on top of or in front of the screen, as this can easily result in damage to the panel during transit.
Carefully pack the TV for return
- Ensure that your TV has been detached from its stand. This can be done by unscrewing the 4 base screws at the back or underside of your unit.
- Ensure that any wall mounts or brackets have been removed from the rear of the unit, as we are unable to guarantee that these can be returned.
- Wrap your unit with bubble wrap. It is a good idea to wrap the unit in a vertical fashion to offer the most protection to the top and the base.
- While bubble wrap is the most recommended material to use, some customers choose to use layered cardboard, bed sheets and inflatable pillows to substitute.
- Open the top of your flat-screen box and carefully lower your bubble-wrapped TV inside.
- Place your remote, base, screws and any additional accessories into the plastic bag and place it securely behind the TV, away from the screen. Please also ensure that the power cord remains behind the TV and not in front of the panel.
- It is vital that the TV is well secured inside the box. Please ensure that it won't be able to move around at all during transit. Use extra packaging if necessary to fill any gaps.
- Thoroughly tape up the box from top to bottom.
Key Points to Note
Poor packaging can result in damage occurring to the unit; this may void your warranty. It is therefore of utmost importance that your product is packaged as securely as possible before it is returned:
- A TV box is a necessary requirement for safely transporting any unit.
- The unit must be secured inside the box to avoid any movement.
- Padding, especially on the screen side, is vital.
Examples of poor packaging:
- TV wrapped in a bed sheet or duvet without a box.
- Box not completely sealed, such as with ripped or exposed edges.
- Box with little to no support due to extensive prior use and lack of internal padding.