In order to properly package your TV for transport you will need the following materials:
- A flat-screen TV box as close to the correct size of your unit as possible.
- Bubble wrap.
- Small plastic bag for accessories.
If you don't have suitable packaging, please let us know as damage resulting from insufficient packaging may result in denial of warranty.
Once you have acquired these items, please follow the instructions below:
Ensure that your TV has been detached from its stand. This can be done by unscrewing the 4 base screws at the back of your unit.
Wrap your unit with bubble wrap. It is a good idea to wrap the unit in a vertical fashion to offer the most protection to the top and the base.
While bubble wrap is the most recommended material to use, some customers chose to use layered cardboard, bed sheets and inflatable pillows to substitute.
Open the top of your flat-screen box and carefully lower you bubble-wrapped TV inside.
Place your remote, base, screws and any additional accessories into the plastic bag and place it securely behind the TV, away from the screen. Please also ensure that the power cord remains behind the TV and not in front of the panel.
It is vital that the TV is well secured inside the box. Please ensure that it won't be able to move around at all during transit. Use extra packaging if necessary to fill any gaps.
Thoroughly tape up the box from top to bottom.
Poor packaging can result in damage, this may void your warranty:
Key points to note:
- A TV box is necessary for transporting any unit.
- Unit must be secure inside the box.
- Padding, especially on the screen side, is vital.
Please see examples of poor packaging below:
- TV wrapped in a bed sheet without a box.
- Box not completely sealed such as ripped or exposed edges.
- Box with little to no support due to prior use and lack of internal padding.