Safety & Warnings
Handle with care and inspect regularly to ensure product is in good working order.
If this product, power supply cord or plug shows any signs of damage: stop use, unplug the product and contact Kogan.com support.
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain for reference.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance is designed for consumer use: follow directions and use only as described.
- This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. If it suffers any failure or damage, cease usage and contact Kogan Support.
- Always disconnect the charger after charging is complete (Green LED will be off).
- Adult supervision required.
- Always install the propeller guards before flying product.
- Calibrate the product compass and accelerometers before each flying session.
- Your first flights should always be outdoors until you are fully comfortable controlling product.
- Do not touch the spinning propellers.
- Keep your face and body as well as all spectators away from the propellers.
- Stay clear of buildings, high voltage wires, trees, shrubbery or groups of people.
- Don’t fly product Flying Camera in bad weather conditions, such as in high wind, rain, or snow.
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 – 40°C.
- Always keep product in your line of sight.
- Maintain a safe pilot-to-device distance while flying.
- This product is not a toy. If operated incorrectly, it could possibly cause injury to you or spectators and damage to property.
- Do not alter or modify product, as doing so may make it unsafe or unflyable.
- You must check the operation of product before every flight to insure that it has remained structurally sound.
- This device is equipped with a rechargeable 7.4V Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery. Pay attention to the following cautions for safe use:
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- LiPo batteries must be recycled or disposed of properly.
- Do not use this product if the product was severely crashed and the battery possibly damaged.
- Never disassemble, puncture or modify the product’s battery.
- Always turn off product power after each use.
- Only charge using a USB 5.0V 2A max power supply.
- Do not charge inside your car.
- Do not leave unattended while charging.
- Allow the product to cool for 30 minutes before recharging.
- Always place product on a fireproof surface while charging.
- Keep away from combustible materials while charging.
- Unplug the charger immediately if it or product becomes hot! However, it is normal for the charger and product to get warm. Disconnect from the charger and quickly move to a fireproof location if the battery begins to get hot or smoke.
- Keep a supply of sand accessible when charging. Dumping sand on the product will extinguish a LiPo chemical fire.
- Charge battery using the included charging cable and adaptor. Charge until the green LED turns off.
- Install the C-me camera app from the Google Play Store or iTunes:
- Press and hold the on/off button for a few seconds until the LED stays on.
- Open the arms by pulling the notch at the end of each arm. They will click into place.
- Install prop guards by pushing them into the slots at the end of each arm. The tab will snap onto the propeller arm.
- Locate the product in the Wi-Fi setting of your phone and connect to it. The default password is 12345678.
- Open the app: a slideshow will play, introducing the product features.
- Calibrate your phone’s compass using the built-in compass app, following prompts.
- Calibrate accelerometer through the app.
- Calibrate the compass through the app:
- Set product flat on the ground. Hold your phone at least 75cm away.
- Rotate product horizontally without lifting.
- When the video switches to vertical, raise product slightly off the ground and rotate with the camera pointing down.
- The app will alert you when finished.
- Set the product down. Again, wait for the GPS icon to turn green. When ready to fly, push unlock, select outdoors, and then select Take-Off to launch.
Note: It is unusual to get a “Calibration Failure” error message when flying in open areas. If you do, something in your environment (such as metal or magnetic objects) is causing interference with the Earth’s magnetic field. Simply moving a few feet or elevating product might allow it to calibrate. However, it’s possible the area may just not be good enough. In that case, you’ll have to move to a completely different location.
- Select a wide open area away from trees, buildings, metal and power lines.
Place the product flat on a level surface so the camera is facing you. Then stand back.
- Wait for the product to connect to a strong GPS signal. This may take up to 2 minutes. While searching, the GPS icon will be white. It will blink yellow as it searches for the strongest signal. When safe to fly, the icon will turn solid green.
Note: You may be prompted to change locations if it is determined that your area can’t provide quality GPS. High-quality GPS signals are essential for smooth and stable flight.
- Unlock and take off.
Press and hold the Unlock icon for about 3 seconds until the icon turns green, and then press Takeoff icon to take off.
Move Slider to change altitude.
Move the control for the direction you want to travel.
When landing outside, the product will first elevate to about 3 metres, then navigate to the landing position and descend. This reduces the chance of hitting any obstacles in its flight path.
To land immediately, press Emergency.
Push and hold until the LED indicator turns off.
Single shot: Press the camera icon or the up/down volume button on your mobile device.
Self-Timer: Push and “hold” the camera icon. Choose timer and then either 3S or 10s.
Multi-picture Burst: Push and “hold” the camera icon. Choose Burst, and then choose the number of pictures you want to take in a burst.
Press video icon to start / stop video recording.
360° Panoramic Recording
Press 360° icon and the product will rotate 360° to capture a panoramic image. It will take about 20 seconds. Press again to cancel.
Instantly share photos or videos to social media (iOS: during flight; Android: after). Connect to social media service before flight using the app’s Settings option.
Main Control & Altitude Slide Bar
Use the directional control stick, altitude slide bar, and swipe left/right in the live video feed area to control the position. For easiest control, make small movements and then let go. To rotate, swipe the screen left or right. If you want to rotate constantly, swipe one direction and hold. Fine tune buttons (to the right of main control) compensate for slight drift.
Find Me / Follow Me
Find Me: The product will rotate to face your position.
Follow Me: The product will follow you. If the angle becomes slightly misaligned, you can use Find Me to recentre it.