Safety & Warnings
- Read all instructions before using the appliance and retain for reference.
- Never place food directly on the bottom of the bowl, as the bottom of the food will not cook evenly. Always use a rack or pan when cooking. Note: Most pans can be used in this oven as long as it is a baking pan and fits comfortably inside the bowl.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. The temperature of the outer surface can get very hot while the appliance is in operation. Always use oven gloves when handling hot materials and allow metal parts to cool before cleaning. Allow the appliance to cool thoroughly before removing parts. Always use the handles when moving the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance for other than its intended indoor household use.
- To protect against the risk of electric shock, do not immerse this appliance, cord set or plug in water or any other liquid.
- The appliance is not intended lo be operated by means of an external timer or any type of separate remote control system.
- The use of accessories which are not recommended or supplied by Kogan may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Do not use an extension cord unless completely necessary with this product. If an extension cord is used please ensure that it has a rating equal or exceeding the rating of this appliance.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on the cord or pull cord around sharp edges or comers. Keep cord from heated surfaces.
- Do not bend or damage the power cord.
- Always unplug the appliance when not in use. To disconnect from the power supply, grip the plug and pull from wall outlet. Never pull by the cord. The plug must be removed from wall outlet before cleaning, servicing, maintenance or moving the appliance.
- Never force the plug into an outlet.
- Do not place the appliance near a hot gas or electric burner.
- Do not cover the appliance while in use. If it is covered, there is a risk of fire.
- Improper installation may result in the risk of fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
- If the power cord or plug is damaged, do not use the appliance.
- The appliance has no user-serviceable parts contained within. Do not attempt to repair, disassemble or modify the appliance.
- Always operate on a dry level surface. Operating on sinks or uneven surfaces must be avoided.
- Do not clean with metal scouring pads.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
- Do not move or lift the appliance while the power cord is still connected to wall outlet.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- All metal items inside the bowl, such as the low rack, can get very hot during cooking. Please be careful when removing these items from the appliance, always use the tongs supplied.
High and low grill
Quick Cooking Guide
- Hold the lid handle (Fig. 1) and raise the lid as per Fig. 2: it will click into place.
- Raise until it clicks into place again (Fig. 3): it will automatically lock.
- Raise the handle while pulling the closing lid handle (Fig. 4) down and bring the pot to the plate body (Fig. 1).
- The closing lid handle will be automatically reset and may be automatically locked approximately 180mm into pot body (Fig. 2). Do not force the lid: continue to use one hand to raise the lid handle, the other to pull up the right side of the closing lid handle, and then slowly bring the pot to the plate body.
Placing inner pot
Align the inner pot handle, with the shaft assembly hole at the back of the pot body (Fig. 6). Place evenly with both hands (Fig. 7).
Using baking tools
- String the ingredients with baking skewers (Fig. 8) and place on grill (Fig. 9)
- Place grill in inner pot (Fig. 10)
Baking French fries, chicken wings, nuts, etc.:
- Put baking plate on grill (Fig. 11) and place ingredients in baking plate (Fig.12)
- Place grill in inner pot (Fig.13)
Making roast chicken with baking fork:
- Use the shaft of the grill to put the chicken on, then clamp the chicken on both sides of the fork and tighten (Fig. 14)
- Place grill in the plate as shown (Fig. 15)
Making roast chicken with baking tray and grill
Place baking plate in grill (Fig. 11) and put the chicken on the baking plate (Fig. 16)
- Place grill in plate (Fig. 15)
- Insert the plug into a grounded socket and the "power" light will flash.
- Open lid, insert food and close lid as described in the Overview section of this manual.
- Press the power key to enter standby: the screen will flash, displaying "----".
- Click the 'Power' key to exit standby.
Preheat function (optional)
- Press Preheat key to set preheating temperature (default 180°). The time is not adjustable. The Preheat lights will flash for 3 seconds. Press "Start/pause" key to start preheating.
Menu selection / DIY
- When you press the menu button to select the menu, the corresponding menu icon lights up and the display shows the default working time for the menu.
- DIY function: the display will flash the default time (00:30).
- Press the Time button, and set the time with the + and – keys (1-99 minutes)
- Press the Temperature button and set the time with the + and – keys (80° to 200°)
Select baking method
- If using skewer, you can use the Rotate button: the rotate indicator will illuminate.
- Other options do not require this.
- You can use the Power button to select different power levels for heating.
- This button changes the taste of produced food.
- Press the Start / Pause button: display will alternate between time and temperature.
- You can press Start / Pause again to interrupt cooking function.
- The display will show "----" and beep 5 times.
Keep warm/cancel function
- Press during standby state, press to keep warm.
- Press during setting to cancel a programme.
- Open the lid as as described in the Overview section of this manual.
- Once food is safely cooled, remove along with the grill.
- Press the Power button while in standby to power to power down completely.
- Unplug the power cord.
- If food needs thawing, you can press the Thaw key while in standby state.
- The indicator light will illuminate: default settings are 10 minutes and 70°.
- These can be changed; if not, after three seconds the programme will commence.
- The indicator will flash and display "04:00" ( 4 hours) by default and can be adjusted in increments of 1 hour (from 1 to 24). Set desired programme and press Start / Pause to begin timer.
Cleaning & Care
- Always allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning.
- Never immerse the lid into liquid.
- Always unplug the power cord before cleaning.
- It is imperative that the appliance be washed thoroughly after each use.
- Do not use any abrasive materials for cleaning.
Step 1 Disconnect the power cord and allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning.
Step 2 Wipe the lid clean using a damp cloth rinsed in warm soapy water.
Step 3 Wash the bowl and any other accessories in warm soapy water.
Ensure all parts are thoroughly cleaned and dried before storage.
It is recommended to put the appliance back in the original box and store in a dry and clean area.