This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade your TV firmware.
Important: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED55UHDUD'. Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED55UHDUD' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and the firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Please ensure that the memory stick is correctly formatted as 'FAT32' on Windows, or 'MS-DOS (FAT)' on Mac.
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your 'KALED55UHDUD' has a firmware update available at the following link:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
- Download Firmware and Unzip .bin file
- Copy the .bin file on an empty USB stick (16GB and smaller)
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port located on the side of the unit, then turn on the TV.
- Press 'Menu' on the remote and navigate to the 'Option' sub-menu.
- Highlight 'Software Update (USB)' and press 'OK'. Select 'Yes' when prompted.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the TV will turn off and then turn on again automatically.
- Remove the USB stick and follow the start-up wizard.
Following this, please perform a Factory Reset through the Menu:
- Press 'Menu' on the remote.
- Go to Options.
- Select Restore Factory Default
Please feel free to Contact Our Customer Care Team at any time during this process.