This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade the firmware on your KALED43RF9820STA TV.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED43RF9820STA'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED43RF9820STA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
You will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your KALED43RF9820STA has a firmware update available here.
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
- Download the firmware .pkg file
- Copy the .bin file on an empty USB stick (8GB and smaller)
- Unplug the TV from power, and check that the standby light is off
- Insert the USB stick into the TV and reconnect the power adapter
- Turn the TV on at the wall socket blue screen appears with a loading page. Once it is 100%, reset the TV before use.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick.
- Turn the TV on again at the wall socket and follow the startup wizard.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process.