A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number reads exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file available here:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Copy the '.bin' file directly to the empty USB stick that is less than 32gb in size, ensuring not to place it inside a folder
- Insert the USB into the port labelled 'USB1' on your TV
- Unplug the TV
- Copy the file into USB stick
- Press and hold the power button for 3 - 5 seconds and release
- A blue screen will appear with a loading page
- This upgrade will take a long time. Please wait patiently for the TV to restart
automatically. During the upgrade, it is very important that you do not turn the TV off.
- The progress bar will run three times
- Once the upgrade is complete TV will automatically restart
You may need to allow a few minutes for loading after the firmware has been updated.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process.