A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number reads exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file available here:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Download firmware wile above and unzip the .bin file.
- Copy the .bin file to an empty USB stick (8GB and smaller).
- Unplug the TV from power and confirm that the standby light is off.
- Insert a USB stick into the TV and reconnect the power adapter.
- Turn the TV on at the wall socket and the standby light should start to blink.
- After 30 - 60 seconds, the blinking will increase in frequency. This indicates that the firmware installation is complete.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick.
- Turn the TV on again at the wall socket and follow the startup wizard.
You may need to allow a few minutes for loading after the firmware has been updated.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process.