This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade your TV firmware.
Important: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED50KU8000QA'. Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED50KU8000QA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and the firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Please ensure that the memory stick is correctly formatted as 'FAT32' on Windows 'MS-DOS (FAT)' on Mac.
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your 'KALED50KU8000QA' has a firmware update available at the following link:
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To successfully update your TV's firmware, please follow these steps:
- After downloading the above firmware, copy the .bin file to an empty USB memory stick. Please ensure this USB is less than 8GB in size and is correctly formatted as 'FAT32' on Windows or 'MS-DOS (FAT)' on Mac.
- Turn the TV off at the wall socket.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port.
- Turn the TV on at the wall and the standby light should start to blink.
- After 30 - 60 seconds, the blinking will increase in frequency - this indicates that the firmware installation is complete.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB stick.
- Turn the TV on at the wall socket again and follow the startup wizard.
If you encounter any issues after the firmware update has been completed, please try performing a factory reset and then attempt to use the TV again.
Please feel free to Contact Our Customer Care Team at any time during this process.