A TV's firmware tells the TV how to function.
Having the latest firmware installed ensures that your TV runs as it should.
Even if you have the latest firmware, in many cases, reinstalling the firmware will rectify issues with your TV.
To perform a firmware update first, check that your TV's model number matches one of the following exactly:
The model number is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, do not proceed, please contact our Customer Care Team below for assistance.
If you have confirmed your product code, you will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download the firmware file.
Please right-click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
To install the firmware:
- Copy the file onto the USB stick, do not place it in a folder.
- Unplug the TV.
- Connect the USB stick to USB port 1 on the TV.
- Plug the TV in and turn it on.
- A blue screen with a loading page will appear.
- The upgrade will take a long time. Please wait patiently for the TV to restart
automatically. Do not turn the TV off during the upgrade.
- The progress bar will run three times.
- Once the upgrade is complete TV will automatically restart.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team via your Kogan.com account at any time during this process if you have any questions or concerns.