If you are having any issues with your smart watch, please attempt the troubleshooting below.
Please note that the steps in this article only apply to watches with one of the following product codes.
|Charging issues or the watch won't turn on.
- Clean the charging contacts of the watch and the charging contacts of the cable regularly. A small amount of isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud or paper towel is a good option.
- Fully charge the smart watch, then restart it. If you have not used your watch before, or if it has not been used for a long time, it will not turn on because of over-discharge protection. The watch will need to be fully charged first.
When your watch has been fully charged, it can last for up to 5 days, but this depends on how frequently you use the watch. If you check your watch very reqularly, or receive many notifications, the screen will be on more and the battery life will be shortened. Some other factors that affect battery life are:
- Features like automatic blood oxygen detection, scientific sleep, and continuous heart rate detection will lower the battery life.
- Sports mode is more battery intensive than regular use.
- The watch cannot be used at a water temperature above 40°C.
|Problems with recording swimming sessions.
- Try to avoid long pauses during swimming. Swimming mode relies on detecting the strokes. If you pause for an extended period, the watch may exit swimming mode which can affect the recorded data.
- Your smartwatch is relies on a standard swimming stroke. If your swimming style is not standard, the stroke distance may be inaccurate.
- Do not change directions during the middle of a lap. The watch detects turns to find the end point of a lap, if you turn early the data will be incorrect.
- Ensure you have turned on the VeryFit app, paired your device, and allowed the app to show notifications. If the app does not have the necessary permissions, no notifications will be shown. Consult your smartphones manual to determine how to allow app notifcations.
- Check that Bluetooth is on on your phone and that the watch and phone are paired.
- Check that the VeryFit app is allowed to run in the background. Some smartphones automatically stop apps from running in the background to conserve battery, but this will stop the connection to your watch. Consul your smartphones manual to prevent apps closing in the background.
- In your phones settings, check that 'Do Not Disturb' mode, or equivalent, is not turned on. When 'Do Not Disturb' mode is turned on, your phone will not show notifications or vibrate.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Our Customer Care Team.