This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade your TV firmware.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED42XXXVA'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED42XXXVA' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please Contact Our Customer Care Team for assistance.
You will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your 'KALED42XXXVA' has a firmware update available here:
Please right click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
- Copy the ".bin" file you downloaded to an empty USB stick. Make sure the USB stick does not have any other files on it.
- Turn your TV off at the wall socket.
- Plug the USB stick into the TV.
- Turn on the TV at the wall and the standby light should start blinking.
- After 30 seconds to a minute, the frequency of its blinking will increase, indicating that the firmware re-flash is finished.
- Turn off the TV at the wall socket and remove the USB.
- Turn on the TV at the wall socket.
- Turn on the TV and it should work as it should. Follow the startup wizard and go to the menu to rescan the channels.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Our Customer Care Team.