This article provides simple step-by-step instructions showing how to upgrade your TV firmware.
IMPORTANT: Please double-check that your TV product code is 'KALED553DSMTZB'
Please note: Installing firmware on the wrong model TV will cause issues.
Your product code is located on the back of your TV as pictured:
The product code must read 'KALED553DSMTZB' exactly.
If you're unsure about your TV product code, please contact our Support Team below for assistance.
What you need: a USB memory stick and the firmware file
You will need a USB stick like this:
Next, you will need to download an upgrade file. Your 'KALED553DSMTZB' has a firmware update available here:
Please right click on the file link and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'
How to install:
- Copy the '.bin' file directly to the empty USB stick, ensuring not to place it inside a folder.
- Insert the USB into the port labelled 'USB1' on your TV.
- Turn the TV off using the master power switch (on the right hand side of the TV if you are facing the screen).
- While the TV is turned off, press and hold the 'VOL +' button on the remote and turn the TV back on using the master power switch.
- Continue pressing the 'Vol +' button on the remote until a blue screen appears and the firmware begins installing.
- The initial blue screen will say 'Search USB Storage' and then be followed by 'Upgrade Software Do Not Turn Off'. A progress bar will then appear under the text.
- Once this is completed, the TV will power itself off and on again.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Our Customer Care Team.